Thread: Noisy kids/noisy neighbors

Threaded View

Noisy kids/noisy neighbors

The family in the house next to the one where I live has two girls, 11 and 7 years old. Doesn't sound too bad, but I never met kids before in my life that can make so much noise!! Especially the summer time is bad when I have to keep the windows tilted (we don't have a/c here). They scream, they yell, they squeal, and they're scolding their poor little dog all the time, and yell at him. The younger one has an extreme high-pitched voice that makes your blood freeze, and the older one always talks in a very commanding tone. Unfortunately, they're playing in their garden all day.

For me, stressed as I usually am, it's hard to find any peace here at home. This Sunday afternoon for instance I eventually gave up reading my book because it was simply impossible to pay any attention to the story. It's so frustrating!! I know that they're kids and that some kids are like that; I also know that you don't have the right to complain about loud kids - and I won't. But what about me? I'm working 40 hours a week or more, I'm suffering from several chronical illnesses and need the spare time I have for myself to relax and recover! Don't I have the right to find some peace in my very home? I cannot deny that sometimes I'm getting utterly upset with this!

Kirsten
    Last edited by Kirsten; 10-01-2009 at 09:50 AM.