Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice - I'm late :`(

Advice - I'm late :`(

I'm just shy of being 2 months late so I'm really starting to freak out (in my head).. I'll be going to the Dr. soon to get checked out so thats not what I need advice on.

IF (I really hope not) I am preg. ummm... how should I tell him, my family, my boss? My good friend is REALLY touchy as she & her hubby have been having no luck at having kids & shes becoming flustered & spiteful towards people who are getting preg & didn't want kids... so I'd have no idea on how to tell her. She wont hate me, but its just another slap in her face & I care a lot about her & her issue.

No worries about abortion I'm not into it esp since my chances are so low to have kids I was told not to have my heart set on any. Which was fine as I'm not really into having kids or being a mother. If it happen, ok, I'll be th ebest mom ever, but if I don't I'm fine with that too.

I'm NOT going to say anything to anyone yet cause I don't know & I don't want anyone to freak out & yell at me, I think me freaking out is 1 too many.. But I've never been late like this. Sure 1 week late is normal, but I haven't had one since the beginning of July

I know Trevor will be supportive as hes a HUGE family guy, but I don't think he wanted kids this soon (he's 25), esp this soon in our relationship (2.5 months). So its really bad timing.

On the positive I have a full time job with full benefits & legally have the right to 1yr off with pay. But still

This so sucks!

I would do nothing, tell no one, and go get a pregnancy test to relieve your own mind. If you ARE pregnant, I would make sure you are immediately doing all that you can- eating, vitamins, etc, to give your baby the very best start in life.

I would not begin imagining the next day, month, year, etc, until you know what is going on. Even then, I would take it slowly with distributing the news. There is plenty of time to tell people, you would have another strong 6 months, at least.

Go get a pregnancy test.

it should all be fine.. even if it was not planned it all sounds like you have it all set up ...

lol..I was gonna say one week is quite on normal happened to me.. I wished i was but I wasnŽt ... but two months is more likely you are missy.. hehe.. unless thereŽs some medical issue which i hope not...

touchy subject with your friend... but I knwo sheŽll be alright.. a lil frustrated but alright....IŽve been frustrated for so long now IŽll just let it be

before you talk to anyone get confirmation by the doctor.. then talk to Trevor... and youŽll have time to introduce the news to everyone else..donŽt worry...
    CorinnaŽs Christmas Card Swap Ž06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da HouseŽ10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    First of all, I would get a home pregnancy test and see what that indicates, altho I'm not sure that they are 100% accurate. You say you're going to the doctor soon - why are you waiting? You might not be preg at all, and it could be some other underlying medical problem that might need taken care of.

I wouldn't spazz about it till you know for sure if it's a yes or a no.

If it's a yes, then it's a precious gift that you have been given, and you need to approach how you will deal with it. If you didn't want to get preg in the first place - why didn't you take preventative measures? It's too late to close the door after the horse gets out.....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Thanks for the support everyone. I really do need someone to slap me so I can think properly & calm down...

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    First of all, I would get a home pregnancy test and see what that indicates, altho I'm not sure that they are 100% accurate. You say you're going to the doctor soon - why are you waiting? You might not be preg at all, and it could be some other underlying medical problem that might need taken care of.

I wouldn't spazz about it till you know for sure if it's a yes or a no.

If it's a yes, then it's a precious gift that you have been given, and you need to approach how you will deal with it. If you didn't want to get preg in the first place - why didn't you take preventative measures? It's too late to close the door after the horse gets out.....
    Those home tests can be junk, thats why I'm going to the Dr.

Please don't question my preventative methods, thats really not fair as there is only so much that can be done before it becomes permanent & rendered 100% infertile.. thats not my goal, esp since I accept the consequences... but that doesn't mean I have to be thrilled about it.

Not sure if Canada has Dollar Stores, but go there for a test if they do...they're only a buck and just as good as the expensive full priced ones in the other stores. They're something like 99% accurate so $1 is not a bad price to pay to find out what's going on. They may not be totally accurate, but 99% is close enough to being accurate.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by king2005 View Post

Those home tests can be junk, thats why I'm going to the Dr.

Please don't question my preventative methods, thats really not fair as there is only so much that can be done before it becomes permanent & rendered 100% infertile.. thats not my goal, esp since I accept the consequences... but that doesn't mean I have to be thrilled about it.
    There are numerous effective and safe methods of birth control. I was just giving you my input and opinion, since you did ask. Sorry if I offended you.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by AdoreMyDogs View Post
    Not sure if Canada has Dollar Stores, but go there for a test if they do...they're only a buck and just as good as the expensive full priced ones in the other stores. They're something like 99% accurate so $1 is not a bad price to pay to find out what's going on. They may not be totally accurate, but 99% is close enough to being accurate.
    I saw those once (never again) in a dollar store with my friend. We laughed & took pictures. They looked to be in terrible shape & horrid quality.. to the point of not even being worth a dollar. I would be too scared to trust one of those. They looked like the ones from the rejected bin. Maybe the ones in the USA are better? but my goodness those ones should have been burned!

wait... maybe they are the 1% sticks?

Just posting this is making me feel more relaxed.

they may not be 100% accurate... but what do you have to lose by taking one? It might give you some sort of idea before you can get into the doctors.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

I agree, you should buy a home pregnancy test. From what I know of home pregnancy tests, false positives are extremely rare, so if it says you are pregnant, you most likely are. If you get a negative result, you can still go to the doctor to get checked out. I hope things work out for you.

when I suspected I was preg.. I took a home pregnancy test...
    I knew it was positive.. but it was so faint it was almost as a negative one looked like (al least the brand i got showed as negative being tjust like what I got).. anyway went to the doctor to confirm I was positive... blood test.. eek..

keep us posted for any news...
    CorinnaŽs Christmas Card Swap Ž06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da HouseŽ10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

****SLAP**** Better?

Sorry to hear about this. Go and get a home pregnancy test - unless you request a blood test that's what they will probably do at the doctor's anyway. They are very accurate. I'd still see the doctor no matter what the test says, but it's good to know sooner rather than later. As Pembroke_Corgi said, false positives are rare. And of course, keep us up to date! You know you can PM me if you need to talk.

What everybody else said.

Plus, when Tanya confirmed she was pregnant, we were scared to death. Granted, I had the easy part, but still... We did not think we were ready. But now, its the scariest thing in my life, but it is also, FAR, FAR and away our greatest joy.

Really great things often come when we are scared or expecting things to go wrong. (I reckon I need to apply this to my world view.... LOL)

Good Luck!
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Go get a home test, better yet get 2 or 3. If you are almost 8 weeks LATE and they read negative then you are more than likely NOT pregnant. If any of them are positive, you more than likely ARE pregnant and need to get some prenatal care asap.
    Either way, going 8 weeks without a period is not normal for most women. If your periods are usually normal then you need to see a doctor to find out what has messed up your cycle.
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Go get the darn home test!!!!

They're much better quality these days.

Go, now. We'll wait........
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21