Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asking for PT thoughts and prayers, please. UPDATE #15, 09/17/09

Asking for PT thoughts and prayers, please. UPDATE #15, 09/17/09

Spunk-a-man is a beautiful old feral cat that we have had the pleasure of knowing, loving and feeding for several years. He's one of the really smart ones who's able to avoid trapping. He's never really trusted people enough for us to be able to pick him up, but he comes on a regular basis and talks and talks and talks....loudly!

Spunk-a-man is not well. Earlier in the week we were able to sneak some meds in canned food and he seemed to do some better. He is in trouble tonight. He's not eating. We've tried everything we know to feed him but nothing seems to be what he wants. He's thin, his bottom is a mess.... Please pray for God's grace for Spunk-a-man and that he will let us take him to the vet tomorrow.

We love you Spunk-a-man.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spunkaman 0909a.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	43728   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spunkaman 0909b.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	43729  
    Last edited by LionHart; 09-17-2009 at 06:35 PM. Reason: updating
    Help support ferals

Poor old dude. I hope you are able to catch and vet him. He'll be in our prayers.
    I've Been Frosted

wishing you and spunk a man the best. how are you going to catch him? do you have one of those traps, the (humane) , spring -tripped kind?

Spunk ... please ... let a loving hoomin care for you, okay? Paws and fingers crossed.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Awe... poor old guy!! I'll be sending tons of thoughts and prayers to your Spunk a Munk dude that he gets to the vet and gets some "feeling better" meds too.

Feel better soon, Mr. Spunk!

Prayers and purrs for Spunk-a-man We have an old(13yrs) orange and white tom named Scooter, who sounds like Spunk. They may not let us pet them, but they wormed their way into our hearts
    Too many pets? What's that?

He is such a handsome boy!! Prayers for him and good vibes coming his way in the hopes that he can get over this.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

C'mon Spunk, these are good people and you can trust them! Let them take you to the vet so you can get well. They mean you no harm, really!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Prayers on the way.

I'm praying hard that you were able to get him to take him to the vets. They can be so tricky when it comes to the trap. We have a feral guy or at least we assume it's a boy and I feed him daily now again, he goes away in the summer time and then comes back when it gets cold and can't find food I guess.

Good luck with your boy and I hope everything works out well.

Prays,
    Melissa

Porr Old Spunk-a-man.
    We hope that you can get him to come in, and have a soft place to sleep , and dishes full of food for him to eat.
    He reminds me of My Gray Old Cat Smokey who I adopted at 17, and it was assumed that he was at deaths door.
    But he suprised us and lived with us nearly 6 years.
    He was so graeteful for the smallest favor and just loved lying on cshion, nice soft cushions.
    We are praying that Spunk-a-man will come in too and let you spoil him in his remaining years.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Prayers and a candle (http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...ng&cid=9182729) for dear Spunk-a-man!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Poor Old Spunk-a-man.. Come on let the homans help you get well so you can eat again & be healthy.. Please trust them.. Prayers being sent..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Were you able to get Spunk to the vet today? Paws crossed and prayers from MD.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers and kind words. Spunk-a-man is resting in peace now...

It was strange....yesterday morning when we went to get him he was acting as if he wanted to go, like he was pleading with us to put him out of his misery. He didn't fight it. He let us put a towel on him and pick him up. Once in the carrier he just sat down, didn't say a word. It was like he knew where he was going and why and thankful for it.

The vet said he was very weak, very thin and it was the best thing to be done. Just by looking at him the vet felt he was positive for FeLV.

Again, thank you for your kind words.

He seemed to be at peace even before he got to the vets.
    Help support ferals