Thread: Dog peeing

Dog peeing

Hello all, I have a question about my 11 year old Lab. She's been unable to hold her urine over night. I let her out at 4 am and got up at 10 am again and she had already had a pee on the floor. I need to sleep but at the same time, I don't want her to be uncomfortable. She still has a lot of energy and isn't in any noticeable pain nor is she stiff. I realize she's old for a dog, but I've never felt she's "that" old yet. The vet is closed today for holiday which is why I'm asking here until I get a hold of them. Do you think it's possible it may be infection or more likely just that she is an older dog? Is there anything that can be done? Pee is very hard to clean out of carpet but she'd be miserable if I had to lock her in the kitchen.

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

My 15 year old border collie cross can't hold her pee overnight either. I bought puppy wee wee pads and I'm working to train her to use those. They work really awesome.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

I had a 12 yr old who never had to go out during the night. If this started suddenly maybe the dog picked up a prostate infection or just a UTI, in any case, it's worth taking a sample in to the vet's and having it checked out. Your vet might have ideas on how to solve the problem.

It has started sorta suddenly. She doesn't seem old to me at all. She acts like my younger dog, full of energy. The vet is closed today, but I'll be taking her in tomorrow and hopefully she can be fixed up easily.

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Yes, may be a UTI, I hope the vet is able to figure it out and help clear it up!
    I've Been Frosted

I would think UTI. Remy (although a puppy still) is potty trained and she started having accidents. Two in one day. So we figured something was up. She had a UTI and just finished her meds. She's back to normal
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

Could be a UTI or urinary incontinence. They have meds for both. I hope all goes well at the vet. Please let us know.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla