Thread: Kiri's checkup

Kiri's checkup

Kiri is a walking miracle. Her kidneys failed entirely about 2 1/2 years ago. She's 16 years old and rail-thin. But she just keeps on truckin'.

I had scheduled her checkup for later this week, but she's been pickier than usual about her food the last couple of days. And she's been sneezing a bit lately. So we went today.

Her bloodwork was all normal range , with the exception of a white cell count associated with allergies that was a bit high. That would explain the sneezing, so she got a shot for that. She's got a couple of sore spots in her mouth where it looks like her few remaining teeth are rubbing her gums, so we'll go back in a couple weeks and try to fix that up. That (perhaps along with the allergy issue) would explain the picky eating.

She's the grande dame of the household, and she's one tough lady.

Way to go Kiri!

Good job, Kiri!! Headbumpies from Pinot girl!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I'm glad to hear that she's still holding her own. She sounds like one tough kitty.

Kiri you are a fighter just like Filou. The good thing is you can get all your favorite treats without worries

They're amazing, aren't they? Good for you, Kiri.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Keep on truckin' Kiri! Such a wonderful, amazing girl!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

That's good news! Glad to hear Kiri's bloodwork is within normal range, and that she is eating - although being picky.

Fister sends headbumpies and I send kisses.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Keeping all fingers, toes and paws crossed that Kiri continues with her battle, and keeps well, my old Ash is battling CRF too,and has so far made it through another year,so we are thinking of you and Kiri, i have always found Ash to be a real fussy eater since his diagnosis, i think it is part and parcel of having CRF.

Did you know a famous NZ opera singer who now resides in England and has done for many years, a Maori woman has your kitties name Dame Kiri Te Kanawa, in maori it means skin of a tree or fruit.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Thanks, everyone, for the good wishes for Kiri. I'm hoping that once we solve her dental problems she'll feel like eating more and may finally put on a little weight.

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    Did you know a famous NZ opera singer who now resides in England and has done for many years, a Maori woman has your kitties name Dame Kiri Te Kanawa, in maori it means skin of a tree or fruit.
    When I first adopted Kiri and Kacey and was trying to think of "K" names (to honor my RB Keke), a friend suggested the name Kiri. I immediately thought of Dame Kiri and decided it would be a lovely name.

Prays coming for Kiri that she feels better soon. Wow 16 that's just great.

Melissa

I'm glad she is doing so well