Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Update #92 -- Morgan has no more mouth problems.

I am one of those who reads but hasn't posted much.
    First of all, don't beat yourself up. You are doing all you can for your baby and you are a wonderful Meowmie.

I'm so sorry to hear of the diagnosis. Wouldn't it be wonderful if our furfamily to live as long as we do??? Saying good-bye is never easy - I know, I've had to make that decision with my RB Speckles.

All I can offer you at this point is lots of prayers and this:
    http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...ng&cid=9190444

slick
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Thank you so much for the candles. They are so touching.
    Actually, the vet tech talked to the vet and they did give me something else for Morgan to help with pain. After the surgery, I asked for pain medicine for him and was given torb something. It is a narcotic that the vet said would knock Morgan out. Wrong! But I do think it helps his surgery pain. At first it was every 12 hours then he increased it to every 6-8 hours. Now that he has the cancer diagnosis confirmed, the vet tech asked if Morgan could have Metacam also since that will help with inflammation as well. There are very few pain medicines that they give to cats because of the liver problems. They said that metacam can damage kidneys, but since we are dealing with a cancer patient with a limited amount of time left, he's getting that also. It is the tiniest amount. I don't think it is more than a drop or two at the most. Right now we just want him to eat and drink. I can tell that he is hungry, but he won't eat anything I have offered him, except plain pill pockets and temptations treats. UNTIL...I remembered that I had a little bit of s/d dry food left from his urine problem episode several months back. He loved that stuff. In fact, he refused to eat his d/m after getting off of the s/d. That's when we switched to the EVO. Anyway, I just put some of that in his bowl and he ate all of it and wanted more. Right now, if he will eat it, I will give it to him. I think I will take him in tomorrow morning to get some fluids and have the vet look in his mouth though. It looks like I may be buying more s/d also. We'll see what the vet says about that. Thanks again everyone!

I'm so sorry hear about Morgan's diagnosis. I hope that the pain meds will make him stay comfortable and that you'll be able to find a food that he'll enjoy eating. You're both in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

I'm so sorry.
    Just enjoy how he is right now, wrestling and running like a kitten. Try to build up memories. Morgan has the bestest meowmie and leads a life full of love. He would have developed that cancer under all circumstances- but here he is surrounded of love and the best care that can be provided under the circumstances- that's all that counts.

Toward the end w/Puddy, all she would eat was fudgsicles. I gave the gal what she wanted. Maybe you can give Morgan a lick of one occasionally. It might feel cool in his sore mouth. Prayers are continuing for you both.....
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Mo-

I'm sorry to hear about the cancer. My prays for you and Morgan.

melissa

We've finally had a pretty good day. I've finally eaten a couple times today, first time this week. I took Morgan in to be checked and given fluids. He is still very eager to eat the s/d food. The vet said that s/d would be fine, since it is nutritionally balanced enough for it to be his main food. I have enough of it to last for the weekend. If he is still willing to eat that as eagerly as he has been the last 24 hours, I'll buy another bag of it. My mom purchased a bag full of treats and canned food for him today as well. I think the fluids helped him a lot. He just wasn't able to drink enough and was behind in his healing because of that. I'll be happy once his surgery site heals up. The doctor said it was healing but still indicated it looked "yucky", my word not his. Morgan has been with me since I've gotten home, even coming up and taking his nap while I watched TV. I'm trying to live in the moment and not think of the inevitable.

ETA: Well he just ate some Whiskas canned food as well. Again he turned up his nose at the pill pocket with the transfer factor in it. I also finally found some poo in the litter box. It was very runny, although the vet's office did say that could happen due to the metacam. Or it could just be from the surgery and the stressful week. This was his first bowel movement since the surgery on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Moesha View Post
    I'm trying to live in the moment and not think of the inevitable.
    You're taking a good approach and have the right attitude, my girl. I wish you many more happy months w/your special boy.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Sending hugs for you and gentle snuggles for sweet Morgan.

Thanks again guys.

Morgan had a good day. I didn't give him pain medicine this morning. He ate and drank well. I stayed home today, and he followed me everywhere Every time I sat down, he was on my lap. He still refused the transfer factor. I tried mixing it in with canned food. He took a few licks and that was that. I tried mixing it with water and using a syringe. It went all over the floor. I'm going to ask pharmacies about compounding it. I'm sure he'll still hate it. Once he is done with the antibiotic and pain medicine for good, I may be willing to make him take one dosage of this a day. If I can find a way to get it in him. It's the only thing that I can do as a treatment. Of course, Aroara scarfed the wet food that had the transfer factor mixed in with it. Isn't that what EmeraldGreen went through as well?

I am so sorry to hear about Morgan.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

I am also so sorry about sweet Morgan.

I hate to sound dumb, but what is "transfer factor"?

Transfer Factor is an immune supplement that I believe Catty1 found when EmeraldGreen was dealing with cancer in her kitty, Tiger. I think there are a couple of other cancer kitties on here that are taking it as well. Since there isn't any effective treatment for the kind of cancer that Morgan has, I thought that I would try the transfer factor to see if it may slow down the tumor's return. It can be taken by humans or animals.Here is one link that gives some information about it. I purchased the human form for Morgan, since they said that many vets recommended the human dosage for animals that were already sick. It is a rather large capsule. I don't know what form the animal version is.

Just checking in to see how Morgan is doing today. (((((HUGS)))) to you, Moesha, and lovies and scritchies to Morgan.

Mo-

I'll keep praying that you will have many good days with Morgan. If you ever need to talk or anything, just let me know.

Take care of yourself so you can take care of Morgan. Hugs & prays,

Melissa