Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Update #92 -- Morgan has no more mouth problems.

I'm sorry to hear that he's in a lot of pain. Hopefully you'll be able to find something that he'll be able to eat. I used to buy Beech Nut Turkey & Turkey Broth or the Chicken & Chicken Broth. They're stage one. Good luck. I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

I hate the ups and downs of these roller coasters!

He did well eating this morning. He had some a/d and some EVO canned and a bit of baby food as well. He still couldn't drink much at all. I went by the vet's office and picked up another can of a/d. They are very concerned with what the result is going to be. The vet tech, who has been there for longer than Morgan has been alive, said that it looked really nasty. I think they are all trying to prepare me for the worst. I do appreciate that, but it confuses me. I've had kitties with congestive heart failure and hepatitis before. I did everything I possibly could to help them because there was always a chance of them getting better. There is no chance of Morgan recovering from this cancer, especially if it is the bad kind that everyone is warning me about. He is only going to get worse. I cried all the way home. I just don't know what to do. I don't want him to suffer for a minute, but how do I decide to put him to sleep when he is still acting like my baby boy? I don't think I can.

Then I got home and he is right there at the door to meet me. Then he is up in my lap on his back wanting his belly rubbed. He's purring up a storm and licking my tears away. I did notice that his mouth was bothering him. It had been 9 hours since he had pain medicine, so I gave him some. He HATES that process. I don't even want to put him through that much discomfort, but I will at least until we know what we are dealing with. Then within 5 or 10 minutes he was over at his water bowl drinking like there was no tomorrow! What a relief. I had been making arrangements for my mom to take him in to the vet's office tomorrow to get some sub-q treatment because he just wasn't able to drink, and I couldn't stand shooting the re-hydration concoction in with a syringe. This is going to be such a slow process I am afraid. At least he must be healing inside his mouth. Because even after the pain medicine yesterday he couldn't drink much.

Other than that, he is just like his normal self. He squawks and purrs and follows me around. I don't want bad memories of my baby. I always encourage people to think of the good memories to help them get through the loss of a pet. But looking back at Simone and Olivia, it is those care taking memories that haunt me. This is so unfair. I have faithfully checked his entire body for any odd lump. We had the vet look at everything I found. How in the world could I have missed this huge tumor in his mouth? I feel like I let him down.

No, Mo, you didn't let Morgan down. It's easy to miss something like that, especially when you are faithful about looking for such things. It was this time of year last year that I was going through my turmoil w/Puddy. She was having good days and bad and just when I thought it was time to give her release, she'd bounce back and be her old self, if only briefly. All I can say is what everyone was telling me back then: you'll know when it's time. As long as Morgan is not obviously in pain and he's acting like himself, why not enjoy those wonderful, good moments? If you see him slipping away and withdrawing into himself, becoming depressed or if he appears to be in pain, then you'll do the loving thing and help him in the way that he needs it. Please know that my prayers go up for you today and always and we pray w/out ceasing in this household. (((HUGS))) Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Thanks guys. I apologize for dumping my frustrations on you here. I just can't express myself to my friends and family completely just yet.

In other news, Morgan is running around the house like a crazy kitten at the moment. I'm trying to stay awake for another hour and a half to give him his pain medicine. I may have to go to bed and then set the alarm clock.

ETA: Now he is wrestling with Aroara. Don't try telling him that he has cancer! If he isn't going to let it bother him, I'm going to try to not let it bother me. Easier said than done though, I know.
    Last edited by Moesha; 09-16-2009 at 10:01 PM.

We're here, and praying, for both of you. As I've told you, I'm very familiar with your situation; it's nothing you missed, and there's nothing you could have done. My baby Jamara was 18 when she fell prey to Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma, although I didn't know it at the time, it wasn't until later I found out what it was.

Enjoy Morgan, pray it's treatable, cry when you need to and vent on PT. We'll all listen, and many of us have been there. Sending hugs to you and gentle headbumpies to Morgan.

Maggie
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

It is fibrosarcoma. It is an aggressive cancer. Basically we just keep him comfortable until the tumor grows back and then say good bye. The doctor said maybe 3 to 6 months. He isn't eating much food at all. He will devour treats though. I bought some pill pockets, and he LOVES those. He wasn't crazy about the transfer factor in them though. I'm going to keep trying. He ate about half of a capsule. I'm cooking some chicken for him. I will use the broth and perhaps entice him to drink that with some TF in it. Or I may try to see if a pharmacy can compound part of it into something he'd like. I'm not going to torture him with it. I remember Tiger and Barney not enjoying it either. We'll just do our best and enjoy our time together the best that we can. Thanks guys.

I'm sorry about Morgan's diagnosis, and I hope he is comfortable for a few months yet. Spoil that boy like crazy.
    Please give him a big, big hug from me.

I'm so sorry, Moesha. Will keep you all in my prayers.

Moesha, I'm so sorry to hear about Morgan. I hope you can keep him comfortable and pain free.

Please give him some gentle kisses from me.

(((hugs)))

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Moesha, I can't tell you how sorry I am. I know it's very hard, and I know you're doing the best you can for Morgan.

You're in all our prayers and thoughts.

(((((hugs)))))
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Oh gosh... not the news you wanted to hear, I know. Poor Morgan.

I hope that things will not get worse, I'll just keep thinking that.

Many prayers going out for you and for Morgan. Gentle hugs and scritchies for him as well.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I'm so sorry to hear the diagnosis. I've been following this thread - hoping for a better prognosis.

My heart breaks for you, as I have been down this same road too many times before. The diagnosis wasn't the same, but the outcome was. Just do what you can for him and keep him comfortable and happy for the time you have left together.

{{{Hugs}}} to you, and a kiss on the nose for Morgan.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Mo, I'm sorry that the diagnosis was the one that you dreaded. Please know that we're w/you all the way and that Morgan and you will always be just a thought away.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Mo,

I'm sorry to hear about Morgan's tumor. It's not your fault. How many people do you know that look in their cat's mouths??? I don't.

Keep Morgan comfortable and love him like you've never loved him before. I hope the doctor can give you something to aleviate the pain.

You and Morgan will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!