Thread: Update #92 -- Morgan has no more mouth problems.

Threaded View

Update #92 -- Morgan has no more mouth problems.

My baby has a big sore in his mouth. I'm not sure if it is an infected tooth or not, but it could be. I finally put together a few things he has been doing. Nothing that by itself indicated anything was wrong. But last night I put them all together and thought something might be wrong with his mouth. I was in bed then. I forgot about it until I was walking out the door this morning. I wish I had looked then, but I didn't look until I got back home around 5. Of course the vet's office is closed until Monday. Is there anything I can do for him to make him more comfortable or help heal before taking him to the vet first thing Monday. The ER vet is over an hour away and if necessary I will take him there, but he hates being in the car. He does eat some although not as much as usual. It bothers him if I look at it too much. So I am trying to leave it alone. My friend has some Clindamyacin left from her dog last week. They are capsules and 75mg each. She is sending them to me tonight. I could open them and give him some of that if I knew what amount would work for him. He usually gets it in liquid form. I don't know what to do. He's 11 years old and diabetic, even though that is controlled with food and not insulin at the moment. I'm planning on leaving to go to Disney a week from Thursday. I don't want to go if my baby isn't feeling better. I know many of you have dealt with mouth problems with your kitties. I've read many of the threads, but of course the information doesn't make as big of an impression when you haven't dealt with it yourself.
    Last edited by Moesha; 10-05-2009 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Title