Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Job interview tonight!! UPDATE: Frustration with interview process

Job interview tonight!! UPDATE: Frustration with interview process

I have an interview this evening at Lane Bryant, a plus sized women's shop, for part time work.

I'm really excited about this! I've never really done retail (except some jewelry sales about 15 years ago), but I think it would be a fun and interesting job to have. Plus I shop there, so it would be a bonus to get a discount, lol! From the sounds of the manager yesterday, they are hiring, and said for me to come in for the interview and to go over job specifications (sounds promising). I'm hoping to start this weekend!

Hopefully I'll be an extra busy girl shortly, so wish me luck on the interview!!
    Last edited by jennielynn1970; 10-02-2009 at 10:03 AM.

That is awesome! Good luck! I like the clothes they have there.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Will keep good thoughts and prayers headed your way.

Good luck Jenn! I have worked at catherine's Plus Sizes since March ( well before I lost my full time job) and I LOVE it! I also had never worked retail, and it is loads of fun!

Lane Bryant, Fashion Bug, and Catherine's are all owned by Charming Shoppes, so we are "sister stores". I love my discount also, and you will be allowed to useit at the other stores I noted above! When there is a clearance and sale plus the added employee discount.... well.... SCORE! I love a good bargain!

Keep us posted! Here's to a new PT job for you!
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

Good luck! Retail has its joys and its pains!
    I've Been Frosted

good luck on your interview!

(job interview tip - put anti-perspirant on the palms of your hands - so when you do the hand shake - your hands won't be clammy. )

These are not the droids you were looking for

Best of luck. I am certain you'll be hired.

Good Luck!!!

Hope all goes well for you Jenn!

Ok, I think the interview went well. The manager wants me to come in for what they call a "job preview" to work for a few hours and see if it's good for me and if I'm good for them. She mentioned enthusiasm and being fashionable (oy), and outgoing. I think I can do that, lol, and I don't have to just wear Lane Bryant clothes, I can wear what I view as fashionable. You can wear open toed shoes as long as you have a pedicure. Guess that won't be an option for me, lol. I don't do pedicures, and I normally just wear sandals. Looks like I'll be in the market for a comfy pair of shoes to work in.

She's going to call me later in the weekend to set up a day and time for this coming week. I'm anxious and excited!

Sounds promising to me Jenn!

I worked at Strawbridges part time for years. Serving people face to face is a lot harder than over the phone where you can mute your phone or make faces! Just remember not to let nasty folks ruin your day, 'cause it's not worth it. I usually spent my entire paycheck on clothes. Employee discounts are hard to ignore! I thinl you'll be great!

I've been Boooo'd!

It sounds like you did just great! I don't think they would have asked you to come in for a "job preview" if they had decided right off the bat they didn't want you.

Congratulations!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Jenn, I hope you get the job! Sorry I didn't see this, it's the first time I've signed on since leaving work yesterday! We hope to see you, but if not, it's for a good cause!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Ok, so nothing ever came of anything with this. I was kinda disappointed, but also realized that I am not a sales girl. I'm the type who would tell you "no, that's not really you, you should try something else, or you kknow what... Macy's is having some great sales right now! I was just there yesterday!" LOL... I'm honest, and don't beat around the bush, lol.

I've applied for another cashier job at Wegman's and am waiting to hear back about that, but still not holding my breath. It's like if you have a degree and you have a full time job they wonder why you want the part time job or why you want to work there. It's frustrating. All I want is something that's a no brainer and I can earn extra money at so I can pay more bills (and buy more shoes!).

Recession or no recession, as the holidays come closer places will probably be looking for part-time help. Good luck!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb