Thread: Eudora

Eudora

Yes, I can see how lovely your Eudora is.

I, too, have suffered from major depression and melancholia; also anxiety--for decades. I am more-or-less used to it by now, but I shall never be reconciled to it: it is an unwelcome guest. As with you, so too with me: my two wonderful 15 year old cats, both rescues, have been my faithful friends and we make a splendid family. They have always been there for me, are very sensitive to my affect, and interacting with them does me a world of good. Needless to say, I understand their desires and try to cater for them. I am retired and they have my attention 24/7/365. There has never been a harsh word in our home and in consequence, the cats are very mellow. They sense how much they are loved, and I, too, feel loved by them. Everyone who sees them remarks how exceptional they are.

I rescued one when my students brought him from a bus terminal in Czechia, and my tabby I rescued at midnight on Christmas Eve in a Czech railroad yard, as I awaited a midnight train. She came out from under the tracks and jumped into my arms. She was disinclined to leave, so I brought her home to my other rescued cat, telling him that I had a Christmas present for him. Next morning they were sleeping together in his bed, and it has been like that these 15 years.

They each have their own beautiful Christmas stockings, and each Thanksgiving and Christmas I roast a fowl for them. They have their own holiday dishes and placemats. Being nice cats, they share a bit of their holiday repast with me.

I am persuaded that the Lord God did not do His best work when He created Man: mere apprentice work; but when He made the kitties he got it right!

Hello, Eudora. Happy COTD to you and your human Felines are a great cure for depression. Enjoy your special day

Eudora, I am so glad that you were able to help your human get through al the emotions that happened to your human, today eight years ago. Cats possess so much healing power, and they are most gracious to share it with us, to help us get through the bad times. God Bless you, Eudora, and HAPPY COTD!!!

Eudora, what a deserving kitty of the day, you liittle healer you!! It's just wonderful the bond cats can create with their humans!

Well, congratulations on your COTD, honey, and enjoy your special day!

PS: Pinot (another Maryland Tabby), sends headbumpies and says TABBIES RULE!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Oh Endora what a lovely face you have. Yes I can certainly see what an angle you are. Your are a very special kitty indeed. Happy COTD which I know you are everyday.

Yes, cats and Zoloft have worked together to make me a happy person--with the emphasis on cats! Eudora is lovely! Why I Live at the P.O. is my favorite Welty story. Many more years of happiness to you all!

A very good gift...

That is the meaning of your lovely name, sweet Eudora! Reminiscent of grandma's love, you are approaching feline grandma age yourself. May you continue to light your human's way and lift his/her heart with your adoring gaze for many more years...
    MARTHA and Chloe
    My Sweet Tortie Posy
    (and a real Nosy Parker to boot)

IN MEMORIAM 3-29-07
    Julie the California Calico Princess
    "I'll be seeing you over the rainbow..."

Eudora what a beauty you are!!!

I love your lovely name. It fits you purr-fectly!!! You remind me of my kitty, Grandma. You both have the same sweet look on your face.
    I hope you are enjoying your special day today even though it's a sad one, specially for those in New York.

Congratulations, sweetie, on being our special Cat of the Day!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A literary cat!

Eudora - you are one cute sweet kitty...I like your name too!
    I think it's great that you and your pet parent survived 9-11. You are truly a great therapy cat!

Hi Eudora!! You look so very sweet and beautiful and reading how you have helped your human is so amazing.... YOU are amazing!!

Congratulations for being our COTD, please tell your human to give you an extra kiss from me

Hugs and kisses
    astrid

Hello there beautiful Eudora! Even before I read your Mommy's most touching tribute to her dear, beloved best friend, when I first clicked on your thumbnail, I thought to myself..."Her names suits her so perfectly!" And then how heartwarming it was to read just how significant and meaningful your name is to your Mommy! Her Grandma is no doubt looking over you both from heaven, so happy to know that her legacy of love has been carried on by you! As your Mommy says, the healing power of our cherished kitties, our furkids, is priceless, (just ask Sashymo) and I'm so very happy that you found your way to your Mommy, to help heal her heart and spirit! Kitties are definitely among the most perfect of God's creations, and you Eudora are living proof of that! Bless you for being there for your Mom; you truly are an angel! I hope you're enjoying a very special and love filled Cat of the Day celebration, beautiful Eudora! And wishes to you and your Mom for many, many more wonderful, love filled years together! Please have your Mommy give you a hug and a kiss for me!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Eudora , you would cure anybodys blues with that Happy Go Lucky face of yours, that would chase all of our troubles away.
    You are such a big Cheerful Cat like My Princess whos always in a good nood when she sees you.

And you are a literary Cat too, I will have to look up your namesake
    and read her work.
    I would love if you could visit the Found Cats around dinner and share the treats delivered by Meals on Wheels.

The ucky Found Cats all send a Happy Go Lucky MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW TO EUPHORIC EUDORA OUR SWEETEST AND NEWEST CAT OF THE DAY.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Eudora, you are a very beautiful tabby lady! You remind me a little of Kirsten's Lily and Luna. What a peaceful look you have on your face. How wonderful that you helped your person to heal. Have a wonderful Cat of the Day celebration! *kiss* for Eudora, a very good gift!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Likeness

Your cat looks identical to my "Omar" which is part Abysinian and a little Persian. He too, has been my constant companion since I had surgery. He stays with me all the time. Now that I am better he only sits with me in the evenings. What joy our animals are to us and I would be lost without my two, "Oma" and "Lacey".

Very special

HAPPY TO MEET YOU EUDORA! IT IS SO FITTING THAT YOU BE TODAY'S SPECIAL CAT OF THE DAY (ACTUALLY I AM 2 DAYS LATE!) I FEEL TOTALLY AS YOU DO THAT CATS HELP US COPE WITH EVERYDAY LIFE-AND REALLY DO-ON TOP OF THAT-COME THROUGH FOR US WHEN TERRIBLE TRAGIC EVENTS SHAKE OUR WORLD. I CAN ONLY IMAGINE WHAT IT REALLY FELT LIKE BEING IN NYC RIGHT WHEN THINGS WENT CRAZY THAT DAY! EUDORA-YOU REALLY ARE A TRUE HEROINE TO YOUR MEOWMIE AND THOSE AROUND YOU! I CAN RECALL LYING ON THE BED WITH MY CATS ON THE DAYS FOLLOWING 9/11 AND IN THEIR WAY-THEY HELPED ME. I LIVE IN UPSTATE NEW YORK-AND IT IS SAFE TO SAY MY CATS ARE HELPING ME COPE WITH EVEN THE STUPID LITTLE GROWING PAINS-AS WELL AS WHEN IT ALL GOES HAYWIRE! YOU ARE VERY SPECIAL-AS YOUR MEOWMIE IS TOO. I AM SURE YOUR GRANDMOTHER WAS A GREAT PERSON-SHE LEFT YOU WITH SO MUCH ENRICHMENT. THANK YOU FOR SHARING EUDORA WITH US!SUSANSWATLIN518