Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Zippy-Kat's K'Cee Kitty Get Well Soon Thread

Variations on a Theme: Positivity

Thought you guys might like a laugh...

I have always sang to my animals. Always. And especially to my horse if she's antsy while I'm in the saddle. (I've found it's hard to be nervous and sing at the same time. Unless, of course, you're on the verge of a rodeo and the only song you can think of is "Giddy up Jingle Horse, pick up your feet!" I digress....)

Miss Hiss really doesn't like her clavamox (UTI antibiotic) AT ALL and has become quite vocal about it. So, in the spirit of positivity, we developed a new song (to the tune of "If You're Happy and You Know It"):

Here's your Princess Potion,
    Drink it down.
    Drink it down.
    If you take it with some grace
    It won't end up on your face.
    So here's your Princess Potion,
    Drink it down!

There are several variations of this... one for food ("If you're hungry and you know it/Eat your food..."), one for water ("If you're thirsty and you know it/Drink your water..."), and a general catch all ("If you're happy and you know it/Say "Meow, meow!"). Sanity. So highly over-rated!

We've had a fabulous morning! She's almost back to the "normal" Kissiekat, save she's not eating as much (but she IS eating!) so she's pretty thin underneath all that fluff and she's not as energetic. That said, we did play a little bit -- that's the first that that's happened in a few days.

I haven't posted any pictures recently. Here's a couple from this morning.

Thank you for your continued prayers!

I LOVE the songs!!! I may have to steal them for my babies.

Great pics of Miss Hiss! Please deliver a big kiss on her sweet head from me!!! Lots of prayers still on the way!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by zippy-kat View Post

I have always sang to my animals. Always. ...

Miss Hiss really doesn't like her clavamox ...
    So, in the spirit of positivity, we developed a new song ...

Drink it down.
    Drink it down.
    If you take it with some grace
    It won't end up on your face.
    So here's your Princess Potion,
    Drink it down!

Sanity. So highly over-rated!

Thank you for your continued prayers!

What we won't do for our FurKids.

Sounds like you're BOTH feeling a LOT Better!
    Give KissieKat a gentle *smootch* on her snooter (use appropriate caution)
    and take a Bigg {{{Hug}}} for yourself.

much love and prayers on the way..
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

It's so hard being the purrfect princess and keeping all your subjects on their toes in spite of feeling a bit under the weather Oh the things we must endure

You're looking gorgeous KC and so glad to hear everything is on the mend. Indulge your mama - she really is giving you all her best sweetie.

Hugs and healing thoughts to you and your mama little one
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Oh Tonya......you are one of a kind....that's why I wuv you so much!!!!! I just sang the song and could visualize.....

I'm so happy that KissieKat is making her way back to normal - whatever that is! I do notice though that her collar is red - shouldn't she be adorned with a pretty pink one or does she have an array of colours to be worn according to her preference that day????

Kisses to you pretty Princess. Continue to get better and for God's sake - eat more!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    I do notice though that her collar is red - shouldn't she be adorned with a pretty pink one or does she have an array of colours to be worn according to her preference that day????
    Actually in person, it's a rosey-pink. But yes, we do have an array of collars ( ) ... all in a some form of pink.

She really hasn't ate much today. I know the vet said to expect it but it's still worrisome. She used to hang about 13lbs... she's done to about 9lbs. (I asked how low was too low; the vet said he didn't want to see her below 6lbs.)

I picked up a bag of Purina One (thanks for the recommendation) and it's "tolerable." I still get the "I want the junk food" look but she will nibble at it. I took the Friskies completely away last night. Now, she's bouncing between Purina One, Nutro, and The GoodLife Recipe. I bought some chicken liver but really don't expect her to eat it; the only people food she'll eat is popcorn and, occasionally, cheerios. (No hamburger, no steak, no chicken breast.... the girl is PICKY!)

Thanks again... will check in sometime soon.

Oh, beautiful K'Cee! Please eat so you can Get Well!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

She's looking great even though she's still not quite back to normal yet. More prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

I woke up at 3.30am humming the "If You're Happy and You Know It, Clap Your Hands" tune.
    I did not clap.

K'Cee continues to act "normal" but she really, really needs to eat more. Yesterday, she hardly ate at all. This afternoon, I got her to eat a fair amount of Nutro by hand feeding her but it's still a ways away from the amount I think she should be eating.

Boiled chicken breast is a no go. Boiled chicken liver is a no go. (Broth off of either is a no go.) Canned/soft cat food of any type is a no go. Baby food (chicken) worked once but not since. She doesn't "do" beef or fish, period, so I haven't even tried. Still looking for a local place that sells Innova.

Any other suggestions? I'm at my wit's end.

How about a little bit of cooked elbow macaroni w/chicken baby food mixed in? This is what my old vet had me feed Puddy when she wouldn't eat and it worked at least for a little while. Good luck w/this. I know how exasperating it can be.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    How about a little bit of cooked elbow macaroni w/chicken baby food mixed in? This is what my old vet had me feed Puddy when she wouldn't eat and it worked at least for a little while. Good luck w/this. I know how exasperating it can be.
    *thumbs up*
    I will try this! And that reminds me that I haven't tried rice, either.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by zippy-kat View Post

Still looking for a local place that sells Innova.
    HEY - Innova can be had ...

The guy in the Big Brown Truck will bring it to ya.

What Flavour / Type / Recipe does she like?

Thanks, Phred but ... what I'm wondering is if a local carrier would have samples that I could "try before I buy" to make sure she will eat it.

Tonya, I'm so sorry to hear that she's not eating very well. I know that you probably don't want to have to give her any more meds but you might want to ask your vet about giving her vitamin B-12 injections.

When my Ziggy stopped eating due to pancreatitis, the vet on call recommended that she get vitamin B-12 shots to help increase her appetite. They sure did work well. I didn't have to keep bringing her in for the shots because I was able to do them at home. I gave them once a week for about 6weeks. Now she's still doing well and has gained back all of the weight that she lost.

I sure hope that you'll be able to find something that she'll love to eat. I'll continue to keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))