Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Niina okay?

Is Niina okay?

It just occurred to me that I haven't seen her post much recently. Is Casper still sick? Does anyone know if she's okay? I hate to disturb her if there's a problem...

Or did I miss a post that she's travelling, maybe?

I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

she posted on the first of October in cat general.

I don't think that she posts here as much as she used to. I know that she's also a member on another pet talk board.

Lut has been quiet too??? Hopefully they are just both having a big European pet talk meeting and will post all the details later
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Former User Guest
    Thanx for your concern AmberLee, I'm fine, we all are, well, except for my husbands hand. Last night Patrick was walking towards Casper and I guess Casper got scared of something or didn't see my hubby coming... he ended up scratching Patrick's right hand and it looks pretty bad. There's 2 deeper wounds and few other smaller ones. He was bleeding and that hand looks horrible. I cleaned it last night and put a bandage on for the night. This morning it wasn't any better and I suggested to go and see a doctor, but nope. He went to work. I think he will be fine, he is able to move the fingers, nothing was blue nor swelled up. Just me worrying too much I guess. And because of all this, we got to bed way past midnight, and are soooo tired now . Oh well, we'll sleep tomorrow morning

I've been lurking on Pet Talk, haven't felt like posting though, need some time outs every now and then LOL. And I've joined a Finnish forum and absolutely LOVE to babble in my own language.
    But, I promise, Pet Talk is still #1 for me, won't get rid of me that easily

AmberLee, shame on you, you should know that you never bother, so don't be afraid to contact me/us if you want to!
    Last edited by Former User; 10-04-2002 at 05:10 AM.

Niina, I know how you feel about languages - it can be SO frustrating when you want to say something and you just can't find the right word (expression) - Nice to know you're OK!
    Originally posted by Miss Meow
    Lut has been quiet too???
    I can tell you Lut must be going out of her mind by now, she ICQ'ed me to say that her connection was down - and her husband is away, so there probably won't be any help for a few days! Hope she thought of ringing her provider!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Niina and Randi....being mono-linguistic, I can't say I know what you mean, exactly...tho my sister is bilingual, and we laugh when she comes home to us from Italy as she struggles with the slang, or the family talk. But, I love reading your post because of your word choices...I am NOT making fun of you, I just find it really interesting to read the way you phrase some things...though it is really hard to tell you both aren't writing in your native language, cause your grammar and sentance structure is soooo very good.

Feel free to write in your native language here...I will pretend to know what you are saying and respond appropriately! By the way...what language does Fister speak????

Glad to know that both of you are alive and well! Niina, give Patrick my sympathy. I have certainly had those shredded hands many times as a result of my Butter.

He went "missing in action" late yesterday afternoon and I didn't see him again until this morning. I worried all night long about him, and realized that I would much rather have my bad Butter than no Butter.

Niina, glad you are ok. Sorry about your husband's hand though. I was wondering about you too and thinking of sending you a message. I was going to give you till Monday and then check on you. Give the babies a hug from me.

10. Just yesterday I wondered...."where's Niina been?"

Glad to know you are lurking about!

I am getting this great visual image of Niina and Casper and Kitty "peeking" around the corner of all of our posts!

Ha! But we caught you - sorry Niina, you can take a rest from us but not for long!

I am sorry about Patrick's hand. It is always a shock when this happens - Rascal decided to bite me on the arm last weekend.
    He was somewhat agitated because my 19 month old niece was here and she just adores Rascal and is fearless. Rascal is pretty tolerant of her - but he took it out on me!!

And Lut - we are keeping tabs on you too!

I was wondering the same thing, but now I know they're here! Actually I knew Lut had been sick for a while, so I PMed her to say hi, and she's here!! I didn't know where Niina was, though. Glad to see you again!

Niina, I'm glad to see that you're back but I'm sorry to hear about your husband's hand. Cat bites can be quite painful and can become infected if not treated properly. I hope he heals quickly. Please give Casper&Kitty a big hug for me.

Netherlands (where I'm from) & Germany (where I live)
    I agree with Randi and Niina. It's really nice to be able to talk in your own native language. I'm so often cracking my head on how to say things, and it hardly ever works out the way I intended it to write.

I haven't seen any Dutch boards that are interesting except maybe some Golden Retriever sites. I was on a German board once upon a time, but the atmosphere wasn't too good.

PetTalk really is the best place.

Oh, I wasn't around the last couple of days and I didn't know that Casper was sick! What was wrong with him? But I'm glad that he seems to do better - but poor Patrick!

Have a lot of fun in that finnish forum, Niina! It's a funny language! I once had to learn a bit when we were going to Finland for the summer holidays with the scouts, but all I remember is 1, 2, 3 - that was something like "iksi, kaksi, kolme (sp)... But it is such a beautiful country and I would definitely like to go back some day!

Hugs to Casper and Kitty, hope they're alright!

Kirsten