Thread: Meet my foster pooch "Chase"

Meet my foster pooch "Chase"

I am finally fostering dogs (well 1 to be exact) as I've always wanted to. I've actually been fostering Chase for almost 2 months now, but I haven't been on pettalk as much lately as I normally am so I'm informing you all a couple months late. Anyway, he is a black lab mix (not sure what he's mixed with, English Setter possibly?..) and he is a great dog who gets along great with my entire pack. He basically has no issues at all, which is somewhat surprising considering he has lived most of his life either as a stray or in a kennel from what I was told by the head of the rescue. Here is a pic of him...

"Chase Muttley"

Anyone in Michigan want to adopt a black lab mix?

He's adorable! Looks like such a sweet dog! That is so great that you are a foster home! There are never too many of those! Good luck finding him a home!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

what a cutie!!...

my cousins a loong loooong time ago had a Lab/Dal mix that looked just like him.. just with a white spotted bootsie on one leg.. but the rest was just the same...
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

What a handsome boy. I am sure he has no issues because he knows how fortunate he is to have you as a foster mommy. That is just awesome that you are fostering him. Ear scratches and belly rubs from us. Hope he finds a forever home soon!

Any idea on his age? He is very cute!

Chase is a gorgeous boy! Good luck with him. Good for you for fostering.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

aww he's gorgeous! and you're really close to me!

i'd love to, but i can't. my mom said that if we ever do adopt a second dog, it'll be one from the shelter that we've worked with. gr.
    in on the joke and i cant stop laughing

He is so shiny and handsome! (waving) Hi, Chase!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I found Chase a home. He went to it yesterday. It is a trial period for now (meaning if it works then great, if not though he comes back here until he finds another home), but it seemed like a great situation for him from what I observed and I hope it works out for him, as he really deserves it. He was either living as a stray or in his kennel throughout his life until he lived with me for a brief period. The person who adopted him is a retired woman who had a nice, fenced in backyard and she seemed like a real responsible and loving pet owner. And the best part about her I thought was that she had pictures of her and her current and previous dogs framed all around her house. It reminded me of Peggy and her photos of her and Pencil from the movie Year of the Dog. She still has one dog by the way, but Chase seemed to do well with other dogs from what I noticed about him so that wasn't a huge concern. Chase was my first foster dog, and I now know from personal experience about what people say as far as giving the foster dogs up being the hardest thing about fostering. It was difficult to see him looking out the front door at me as I drove off, but I felt like I was leaving him in a real good situation and that certainly made things easier. I wish that goofball the best of luck in his new home .

That's great news Zachary! I hope it all works out for Chase in his new home.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla