Thread: Bon has a puncture wound on his chest

Threaded View

Bon has a puncture wound on his chest

I have absolutely no idea what or when it happened, but it had to be sometime yesterday afternoon.

As usual they had been going in and out all morning and right before Mark got home (maybe 11:30am) I noticed Huney sniffing him on the chest. Then when I was letting them in she was licking his chest. I just thought he must have rolled in something she liked and went about my canning.

Shortly after that I heard Bon growl and yelled "HEY!" Of course he stopped what he was doing--whatever it was. I assumed he growled at Huney for licking his chest again.

I told Mark about what Huney had been doing so he looked at him and noticed a good sized puncture wound. It was clean, no bleeding and it didn't seem to hurt in in the least. I put some peroxide on it then (he didn't flinch) and twice last night while I was at work Mark washed it out with a wound was solution. He said it had an odor but there was no swelling.

So this morning I read up on it and it says to wash the wound, apply a dressing with some antibacterial ointment and change several times a day. If it's not getting any better within a few days, take him to the vet. Of course I can't find a tape that wants to stick to his hair so I'm just going to try and keep him laying down as much as possible.
    I'm going to wait till Tuesday although I just want to rush him to the vet now (don't we always want to do that when our babies are hurt?)

I took a couple pictures, they're not gross but just in case...I'm just going to attach them.
    I thought it was a bite at first, but it's an awful big hole and there's only one place. I swear it looks like he's been shot. Mark checked the whole yard to see if there was anything that could have done it, but of course couldn't find anything. As usual when they get hurt, it's a big mystery.

Please say a prayer that it doesn't get infected and heals up well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P8291042.JPG 
Views:	456 
Size:	526.6 KB 
ID:	43543   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P8291045.JPG 
Views:	9356 
Size:	544.8 KB 
ID:	43544   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P8291046.JPG 
Views:	915 
Size:	607.4 KB 
ID:	43545  

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets