Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bo Is Hospitilized

I'm sorry to hear that Bo has a very nasty bacteria infection but at least it can be treated and hopefully it'll go away in time. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

Did your vet say what may have caused this infection? I know that she's an indoor only cat. Maybe she has a compromised immune system since she's been battling infections for many years now.

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that Bo has a very nasty bacteria infection but at least it can be treated and hopefully it'll go away in time. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

Did your vet say what may have caused this infection? I know that she's an indoor only cat. Maybe she has a compromised immune system since she's been battling infections for many years now.
    That's exactly his feeling on this. As you remember Bo was born feral and lived in the park several years before she decided she wanted to come home with us. They feel her immune system is just too weak to totally fight this off. Hopefully we can control it enough for her to live a long life in somewhat comfort.

Bo as a kitten in park

Last edited by K & L; 09-05-2009 at 09:01 AM.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

She is so beautiful! I hope she can be helped to fight this and enjoy her life, once again.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Bo is beginning to sneeze frequently again. I relayed this to our vet and he said to continue the antibiotics until finished. She's not as bad but I sure don't want it to get to that point again.

When it rains it pours. We had quite a stretch without anything wrong with the group.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Quote Originally Posted by K & L View Post
    Bo is beginning to sneeze frequently again. I relayed this to our vet and he said to continue the antibiotics until finished. She's not as bad but I sure don't want it to get to that point again.

When it rains it pours. We had quite a stretch without anything wrong with the group.
    I can definitely relate. The Fur Posse goes for several months and we have good health and peace and then suddenly all fur breaks loose, usually on a weekend or holiday (like now), too. I'm sorry that Bo isn't feeling well. I hope things straighten out for you soon. It's so worrisome.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Bo is just BEAUTIFUL! Hugs and prayers for Bo. Please give her some lovins for me!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

She is so BEAUTIFUL! Prayers and love for Bo, that the sneezies are just a passing thing and she continues to feel better. And a candle too: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...ng&cid=9110491
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I'm so sorry to hear this Lisa. Hopefully she won't get worse. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))