Thread: Best Mix

Best Mix

I must say that having a Golden Retriever-Border Collie mix is amazing. He is smart, funny, fun and most of all very well behaved. He is loveable to a fault, too. All the best traits of each breed. He has no faults whatsoever and is my best friend in the world.

Tucker is a rotty/bloodhound mix and also seems to have the best qualities of each parent-and he's probably bigger than either. With dieting he's down to 140 lbs. The vet thinks he should lose more weight-but he was 20 lbs at 10 weeks old-he's just a big big boy. Judy

I vote for the Aussie/German Shepard mix or the Husky/Pitbull mix!! We have both and they are wonderful. Sox (the Aussie mix) is a bundle of energy 24/7 and is SO smart. She knows what a flashlight is, what it's used for, and how to turn it on. When we finally get moved to a bigger place we are going to start her on agility training. Tigger (the Husky mix) is our lover boy. He loves to cuddle and stays right by your side all the time, he's a little shy of other people but once he gets to know you he will be your best friend. Our 2 full breeds are great too though...it's pretty difficult to pick a favorite.

Our best mix was a Champion MGS and Champion Female Black Lab. (someone didn't watch her while in season and he was out for a run, they mated thru the fence) He was one of my S&R dawgies and most loyal pups I could have ever asked for. Gave more then ever asked and was given 10 times back.

Only mix or fulls I ever had problems with are pits. Just didn't like the way they would take a kid in their mouths and shake a baby or small child in it and lock so hard onto them. Shooting them still didn't unlock their jaws sometimes. Before anyone starts flamming me I know this can happen with any breed and it usually starts with the person who trains them. I know this, but out of say 20 dog attacks I would respond to 17 would be pit attacks and out of 17, 10 could have children involved and that's where I draw the line. (I did Trauma RN, and 911 Response in Atlantic City, Camden and in DC) So please no flamming me, this is just my opinion, if you have a happy helathy pit, great and if you trained him/her to be a sweetie lap dawgie that does nothing but eat sugar and watch the telly even better! I seriously appreciate it! But it's the idiots (for a clean word) that give the dog a bad rep.

Kaleigh-Gray & The Spoiled Kritters

------------------
    Please Help Me To Be Half The Human My Kritters Think I Am!

[This message has been edited by Kaleigh-Gray & Kritters (edited July 07, 2000).]

I had a border collie for 12 years but two months ago, he died of cancer. it came really suddenly. We didn't even know it was happening. One morning he was happy and playful, and the next, he couldn't get up. We put him to sleep one week before my birthday. But a couple days ago, we discovered this perfect dog and we adopted him. He's a Springer spaniel and golden retriever mix. hes the most perfect puppy i've ever had.

My pup is a boxer/great dane mix. He is a wonderful dog. He is very obedient, and well behaved. I must say that i like haveing a mixed breed over a full breed. His personality is so mixed between the two that it is unreal. Mixed breeds are definitly the best.
    Taffanie

Originally posted by bizdevguy:
    I must say that having a Golden Retriever-Border Collie mix is amazing. He is smart, funny, fun and most of all very well behaved. He is loveable to a fault, too. All the best traits of each breed. He has no faults whatsoever and is my best friend in the world.
    We have a G.R. and Aussie mix, another wonderful combo; intelligent, obedient, affectionate, and a great entertainer! Oh and I forgot to mention beautiful too.

We have a two year old Lab/Chow mix that we adopted... some people think the Chow part is bad (poor Chows with their bad rep) but she is a sweet and gentle dog, a big baby who loves to have her belly rubbed all the time! She also has the softest, glossiest black coat I've ever seen! She seems to have good qualities of both breeds: protective like a Chow, friendly and happy like a Lab...

I love MUTTS. MUTT may be a mean word nut its appropriate. Its a cute name. But anyways. My friend has a Spitz mix that probably has some lab in her. She is the smartest dog I have ever seen! She'll jump up in your arms any time you tell her. She is learning freestyle. My other friend has a weimeraner/chow mix with maybe some lab. She isn't that smart. She's about 7 months old. She's HUGE!! Almost as big as a golden retrievr already! There was a rottweiler mix with some kind of hound and a dalmatian. She was only a puppy. I called her JEWLS. My grandpa didn't want another dog. If he did it would be another heeler. My grandpa hit her in the head with a hammer . The nezt time I came over there was holes in her tail and her feet. Once I wa sat my friend's and a big irish setter/golden retriever mix. She was sweet. She looked as if she had been hit by a car. We gave some food and she left. Typical dog. You can tell that I have alot of MUTT stories.