Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: My senior blackie Boo needs prayers;*Update 8/28*; post #123; great new update!

My senior blackie Boo needs prayers;*Update 8/28*; post #123; great new update!

He just hasn't been himself since he started his thyroid meds and he went in for his checkup today for blood work. He's been moving so slowly and carefully, almost as though he's in pain, so I had Dr. Lee take an x-ray. There's something there in his stomach. It doesn't look like food; it's rather oddly shaped, like a fleur-de-lis or a banana w/the peel down on both sides. I could tell by the expression on Dr. Lee's face that he was troubled and he said "I've never seen anything like this. Food looks like crumbs or something. I don't know what this is". Boo also has elevated white and red blood cells and Dr. Lee asked if Boo has been peeing inappropriately and I told him 'no' and Boo has been off Clomicalm for a while now. He feels that he could also have cystitis, so he started him on Clindamycin. Boo also lost a lb. and the thyroid meds are supposed to help him gain weight. Dr. Lee said that we'll wait to see what the blood tests results are and in a couple of days we should take another x-ray. If the x-ray hasn't changed, then he said that the sure way to find out what it is would be to do exploratory surgery.

Boo is 18 so I guess I shouldn't expect him to be healthy forever but he and his sister Peeka were my first "official" rescues. He's always been such a laid back cool cat and to see him move as though he's in pain hurts me, too. I can't trust my instincts w/my cats any more. Several times I thought it was the end for Puddy and it wasn't and when I thought she was back to her old self, she died. So I'm out to sea here.
    Last edited by Medusa; 08-28-2009 at 06:20 AM.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Poor Boo. At 18, I would expect a bit of pain, arthritis, etc. But a funny looking item in the stomach?? That is strange.

I hope it is something that can move out on its own, surgery at 18 seems risky.

Prayers for Boo.

Oh I am so sad that Boo isnt feeling well.. Surgery at 18 oh my.. Yes risky.. Well I sure hope & pray that all comes out ok & Boo gets to feeling better real soon..
    Quote Originally Posted by jenluckenbach View Post
    Poor Boo. At 18, I would expect a bit of pain, arthritis, etc. But a funny looking item in the stomach?? That is strange.

I hope it is something that can move out on its own, surgery at 18 seems risky.

Prayers for Boo.

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Prays coming big time for you and Blackie Boo!

Take care,
    Melissa

Prayers from RI for you and Boo!

I am so sorry to read that Boo is not feeling well. I pray that everything turns out well for him and that he won't need to have the surgery.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} Mary

I lit a candle for you and your precious Boo.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Prayers and a candle (http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...ng&cid=8944468) for sweet Boo..
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

We aresending Prayer for Blackie Boo, and Tubby 2 and Ebony Beau Tubster are there with Boo with snacks and fndu from Zurich to make Boo feel better.
    We have some 18 Year Olds at the Found Cat Hotel, so we know what its like when they are ill, you wonder if they can pull through one more time.
    God Bless You for rescuing Boo, and we pray that he has more time with you.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Prayers on the way from me for you and sweet Blackie Boo.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mary i am so sorry to read about your precious furbaby Boo, i do hope they can find out what is the problem and Boo will make a quick recovery,all fingers and paws crossed here that Boo will be ok.,thinking of you both.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Aww Gee! I hate to hear this! Prayers for Boo are on their way. May it be nothing or something that can be resloved easily.. I know you have to be so outdone and worried to death.....(((((HUGS)))))

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Praying for and thinking about your dear Boo! Get well soon
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Get well wishes from my two blackies, Calvin & Hobbes. At 18 you'd expect to move a little slow but I hope he isn't in pain. Sending all good prayers and vibes to you and Boo.
    Claudia

Prayers for Boo, and for you.

Poor baby Boo. Prayers that he is all healed up soon!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda