Thread: X Factor - First audition. A star is born methinks.

X Factor - First audition. A star is born methinks.

In my opinion this guy is extraordinary, but tell me what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zLkailhsqk

Wow! That was awesome!! Like they said he is not only a good singer but he is a performer. He got the crowd involved and really worked the stage. Goodness, I sound like one of the judges. LOL

I think he is a good looking man too. And I like the way he spells his name. I've never seen it spelled like that before. Unique.

Since I don't watch this over here, can you please let me know how he does?
    Also, what is X factor? Is it an all singing show or a talent show?
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Will do, but according to our newspapers he has already been talked about on the NBC's Today Show and they are reportedly trying to get him to perform on it. So perhaps you will get news about him from sources in the USA.

As for the X Factor, yes, it is a singing talent show, yet another Simon Cowell concept and a follow on from Pop Idol. This year they have changed the format in that the auditions are done before a live audience in the vein of Britain's got talent.
    http://xfactor.itv.com/2009/

I can't say I'm much into the X Factor any more. Simon Cowell knows that Britain's Got Talent has waaaay overtaken it in popularity and I think the decision to put the auditions in front of a live audience reflect that. I much prefer the BGT auditions because of the booing and chanting - the X factor audience are too nice and boring.

That being said, this man does have a very good voice and real stage presence, and I expect he'll be in the final.

Zimbabwe 07/13

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Z View Post
    ... I much prefer the BGT auditions because of the booing and chanting -
    The part I really dislike about BGT.

Well, whilst I still think Danyl is great I really like this other guy, a lot. He is very much more my cup of tea - Go Jamie!! ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvBHzaZZO5o

Yeah, he's good, but I think I still like Danyl better. Jamie is a better performer but I thought Danyl had a better voice.

I'm noticing when I see these clips of shows, besides American Idol, with Simon Cowell he acts so different than he does on American Idol. He seems to be more of a hard ass on AI. And he seems to be happier and enjoying himself more on the British shows. I mean he sang along with this guy, and he smiles much more. I guess he just likes being home.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)