Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Kari's (Finn's Mom) labor *update, she's here!*

awww I just saw all this now.

she is beautiful

congratulations

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Awwwww......smoochies to Clara from me. Kari, is your Mom with you? I think I forgot to tell you.....you are going to be the most awesome Mom on the planet. You're such a unique and amazing person!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by gini View Post
    Another miracle - right here on Pet Talk!

She is so beautiful - CONGRATULATIONS!
    Yup! Yup!

Isn't Mommy Nature awesome?! Clara sounds amazing already! Many happy blessings on all of you!

I've been Boooo'd!

She sure is adorable and she sounds like such a good baby. Hopefully this will continue.

she´s incredibly cute.. and that bow pics.. awww... love her tongue pic.. lol.. congrats again...
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    My parents just left for South Carolina. My heart breaks a little every time I have to part ways with my mother. Today is no exception. It's nice to have Clara, because she will definitely keep me busy. As soon as we said goodbye to my parents, she had to have a diaper change. Life goes on!

Had another good night, although she did throw up all over me! She didn't seem to be fazed by it, but I think she just ate too much too quickly! About two seconds after I brought her up to be burped, she just unleashed fury! Luckily I had nothing on, haha. It took me by surprise, there was no warning!

She has been sleeping in at least three hour blocks at night, which surprises me. I don't really know what I was expecting, but it wasn't that. It's almost time for brunch, so I must close for now. Our little girl is five days old, and we will be going to see her pediatrician today at 2:30. I'm curious to see how much she weighs now. She left the hospital at about 7 lbs 7 oz. I am at 136 now (only 4 pounds more than I started!).

Little girl is dressed all in yellow today, Grandma picked her outfit for her.

I miss my mother so much already.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I know how you feel. I wish my mommy could have stayed longer too.
    Life really does go on. Will you get to visit with your folks anytime soon?
    I am already trying to get the paper work started to add little miss to my passport so I can bring her to Italy .... maybe for Christmas if the pediatrician gives me the green light.
    Let us know how the Ped. visit goes. Hugs

Many hugs to Clara and Kari from Auntie Logan in South Carolina. (((((Hugs))))) I'm so glad you're here, Clara, and I'm sorry I'm 5 days late in saying that. Little girls are something special and I know you two are going to have a wonderful time together. Congrats to Dad, too!!!

I just saw this since I'm not on as much anymore - congratulations! It sounds like she is sleeping well and you are adjusting to life with baby. Enjoy! My Stratton is a little over 3 months and I look at his newborn pics and he has already grown so much. The time really flies so capture these moments as best as you can.

Clara went in for her first doctor's appointment today! She did great in the car there and back, but SCREAMED the entire time the nurse and doctor were looking at her. She's got mad vocals, haha.

We seriously felt like a million bucks when we left the appointment. The nurse weighed her and she's almost back up to birth weight! She started at 7 lbs 15 oz on Friday, left the hospital at 7 lbs 7 oz on Monday and is already back up to 7 lbs 13 oz on Wednesday! 6 ounces gained in TWO DAYS. The nurse was impressed by the fact that I was a first time mom and not supplementing my breast milk. It was great to get confirmation that I'm producing what Clara needs.

The doctor was really surprised that she has no hint of yellow in her skin at all, as I guess typically babies show a little jaundice at this time. I was worried about that, as babies born to mothers with gestational diabetes are more likely to have jaundice within their first week. So, that was another relief for us.

He put her on her tummy and she showed off her upper body strength by scooting to a position with her arms under her chest and her head up! He was shocked when she did that! You could see the muscles in her shoulders, it was pretty cool.

Like I said, we left feeling awesome! She is in the 85th percentile for height and right in the middle for weight and head circumference. I'm just happy that she's healthy!

Right now, she's sleeping in the room with her tired Dad. I am tired, too, but a little wired as well, so I'm up for a few. I'll probably post a few new photos here in the next couple of days.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

When my first one was born, my Mom was my savior. I hated to see her go home too. She was so comforting seeing as I didn't know anything about raising a child. Somehow, I managed to get through everything and both kids are still here today and doing great.

Kari, I can tell you're already doing an awesome job. You too Carmen!!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Gosh, what a pretty baby you have! I'm glad things are going so well for you all. Sounds like Clara's first appointment went great! Is David staying home from work for a while? Eric got to take off 3 weeks, and it was a major help.

And, I know how you feel about your mom leaving- I feel the same way when my mom leaves!

Hey, Jill! Yeah, the doctor's appointment was awesome, even though she screamed the whole time. We actually all got quite a kick out of it, and had to practically yell at each other. we were so happy to hear that we are doing a good job with her and that she's healthy!

David took two weeks off, I think he goes back on the 8th (or that's his last day home). I'm going to miss having him around, and not just because he's such a big help. I just love having him home. But, he has been a huge help! I feel like I'll be pretty well off by the time he does have to go back to work, though, so as much as I'll miss my love and friend, I'll be ok to take care of Clara by myself.
    Last edited by finn's mom; 08-28-2009 at 07:16 PM.

Congrats on your newest addition!!! Pictures please.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    Congrats on your newest addition!!! Pictures please.
    Pssst - scroll up! Lots of pictures!

Although more are always welcome ....
    I've Been Frosted