Thread: Ferret's anyone?

Ferret's anyone?

JUst wondering if anyone else here has ferret's as I do not remember anyone ever saying that they did have one.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

I know there are ferret owners on this board. I had one many years ago and I enjoyed him immensly. They are very entertaining. Unfortunately I live in one of those ignorant cities that do not allow its residents to own ferrets or I'd have more now.

Chinadoll has 4 ferrets. Seh post mostly on the cat board.

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

If I could own any animal besides or a dog or a cat, it would definitely be a ferret! They are sooooooooo cute! I like all small animals like birds, rats, gerbils, rabbits, etc. but the only one I can really picture myself getting is a ferret. Actually I was begging my parents to let me get one a while ago. That was before I got Nebo. I've given up now, as my hands are already plenty full. My friend, Cassie, has a pure white one named Tacoma. She's really sweet very interested in sniffing everything! lol. My mom thinks they are mean because my sister's old boyfriend had one.......it jumped up and hissed at her. Tacoma has never bit at anyone, I think it just depends on the ferret and owner.

I used to have a ferret that I got from a ferret shelter. He was great, his name was Andy. He looked like a polar bear he was all white but he had black eyes. And he LOVED hiding my socks.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Aww Andy sounds so cute. The white ferret that I know has pink eyes. I guess she's albino. We've contemplated how incredibly freaky she would look if we dyed her pink to match her eyes. LOL.

My "soon to be" husband said that if he could choose any other kind of pet to have, it would be a ferret. He told me this while I was trying to convince him that I just have to have another bird and a hedgehog (thanks to that precious little bundle that was POTD last week)! LOL!! I think he must be wondering what in the world he is getting into!!

But no, I don't have a ferret, but I do enjoy seeing them as Pet of the Day.

I have 5 ferrets. The first I got from the local feed store as a kit. The rest were rescues from people that couldn't care for them anymore or didn't know what they were getting into. I find that too many people get a ferret without knowing the care they require and then abandon them to shelters. They are great pets, but they are high maintenace. My last two were rescues that were going to be PTS. The 4th baby, Max was dumped at the SPCA because he smelled(well, gee if you'd feed the proper food and take the proper care, he wouldn't smell!) Poor baby went into shelter shock and stopped eating. SPCA adoption cost-$10 vet care before I even adopted him-$160, could have been more but the very nice vet didn't charge hospitalization. Lulu the baby and last fuzzy was given to me after much arguing with the petstore. They had her separtated in a cage with BITES!!! written across her cage and they were going to send her back to be PTS. I finally talked them out of her. She hardly bites anymore.

You can see 4 of my 5 in my sig below. Also here's a pic of Rory and Jax.

More pics and some ferret info are on my website. It has not been updated in ages so it doesn't have two of the fuzzies stories or any of the kitties, but it's cute. Triple Trouble
    Another good site to check out that has tons of info on the care of ferrets and links to other wonderful ferret sites is
    Ferret Central
    If you are interested in ferrets, another resource I reccommend is Ferrets for Dummies by Kim Schilling. It is an excellent book, a must have for any ferret owner.

Tiff and the ever expanding krewe
    Scout, Gigi, & Bixby -the kitties
    Rory, Lola, Jax, Max, & Lulu -the ferrets