Thread: Holy cow! Five years already!

Holy cow! Five years already!

I can't believe it's been five years today since my knee replacement! So far it's doing it's job of keeping me walking and active. I even have almost all of the e-mails that everyone on PT sent me on that day. When I go into assisted living, the wear and tear on my new knee should be even less! A happy anniversary!

Hey David,

Happy anniversary! Can I kindly ask you a few questions since you went throuh it?

How are you now? How long did it take after the op to become active again? Do you feel better then before?

My Dad needs it too, but he's afraid of doing it, so he's been trying to live with the pain. Just 2 wks ago Mum had a bone density app in hospital and she needs it too, actually her knee is even worse then Dad's. She gets those shocks of pain when the bone touches bone, since the cushioning is long gone! We no longer take walks in the morning and cannot do anything physical!!

The consultant said that if you can live with it, not to go through the op. He also said, 'nothing replaces your own'

Is it true?

Karyn, please tell your parents to take the operations. My left knee was SO painful that I almost no cartilage left and I was trying to walk bone on bone. I had it done and I spent four days at the hospital. When I came home, I had a physical therapist come in and she gave me exercises to limber up and strenghen it. After two weeks I was walking (with help) around the house and a little down the street. I then had some regular therapy done for another two weeks. By that time I was walking almost normally and with NO pain! My new knee is much better than my old one. Now, if I don't look at the scar, I'd think I'd have two natural knees! BTW, I don't believe what your consultant said knee replacement.

Well Happy Aniversary New Knee for David P.. Congrats on things still going well..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Happy An-knee-versary, David! You are one of my examples I use to convince people to just do it! All but one person I know regretted ever waiting once they had the knee redone, and could function again! And that one person was an exception, and it was the doctor's fault that he did not have a happy result.
    I've Been Frosted

OH HAPPY DAY, DAVID!!!!! Good for you. I personally know this is a milestone. I have passed one year with my newest one and I am ecstatic!! You have one of the best success stories I've ever heard. I hope that knee is still keeping you going after another 20 years or so!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Happy An-knee-versary
    GROOOOannnnnnnn!!!! That's great - he "kneeds" a good smile!

Congrats, David! When do you move, anyway?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Thanks for your reply!

I will definately refer to both my parents with your +ve experiance in going through this operation.

I totally agree with you, ok, it's easier for me to say because I'n not the one going through it, true, but for me if you can't continue with what you used to do before, its a loss. They are both loosing mobility and that really worries me.

Thanks a lot and happy anniversary!