Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Presley and Seizures

I spoke too soon, I was just on the phone with a friend and she had another one.. I am so lost and i really don't know what to do anymore... God please stop her from having them....

Oh poor Presley!! I'm so sorry that you don't feel good and hope that the vet can find out soon something to make you feel better! We'll certainly keep you in our thoughts!

Oh, no Were you able to speak with the vet??? Is she/he considering a trial of medication??? We're sending you and Presely our love and praying very hard for a quick recovery.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

My dog Rose has seizures, too. The vet started her on phenobarbitol (PB), and for awhile she did not have them so often. But as time went on, they got closer together (every one to two weeks) and even increasing the dosage of the PB didn't help. We then went to using potassium bromide (KBr) in combination with the PB. We are now gradually weaning her off the PB because of the ill effects it can have on the liver. She's been seizure free for almost two months now.

The Kbr doesn't have the bad longterm side effects that the PB does. The only catch is that it doesn't come all nicely packaged in pills - you have to get it from a compounding pharmacy that will mix it for you. You may want to discuss this option with your vet.

In any case, I wish you luck and will keep Presley in my prayers. Feel free to email me if you want to talk more.
    Joan

Oh poor Presley, I am so sorry.

If at all possible, stay away from PB. It is not good for the liver. Kbr is a better med for the liver, if it is an option.

You are in my prayers.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Still sending you and Presely many prayers and good thoughts.
    Please keep, keeping us informed on Presely and
    what the vet decides.

----<---<--<{(@

How is Presley today??? Has the vet made any recommendations?? Sandra, Star and Cody are keeping this precious baby in our prayers. Love and hugs to you and Presely both. Paws, fingers, tails all crossed in hopes of a positive update.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

I am so sorry that she is having seizures I can imagine it is terrifying to watch. I hope that she gets some relief soon What did the vet recomend?

I'm sorry that I have missed this thread until now. I am so sorry to hear about Presley and her seizures. It is a very frightening thing to watch, although when my miniature poodle, Ashley, used to get them the vet told me she was not in any pain when they were occurring. I would hope in Presley's case it is just a food allergy and that once you get that squared away the seizures will stop by themselves. Ashley developed them at about age 8 or 9 and was put on Phenobarb twice a day. The seizures stopped immediately. She lived to be 14 and died from liver complications. It's funny but I never did make the possible connection between the PB and the liver damage until just now and my vet never suggested it as a possible cause.

I am so sorry to hear about Presley having those seizure attacks and that you are not well also. You are both in my prayers and thoughts. Love and hugs.

Poor sweet Presley I only learned about her having seizures yesterday & didn't have time to post. I hope & pray they can find out what is causing them & get them under control. She will be in my prayers.
    Take care (both of you )
    Anna & the gang

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Hope you are better, dear Presley!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Hi Guys,
    Presley has had a sorta relaxing weekend at home. She has been out a few times for a few runs and plays but that is it and she hasn't had anymore seizures over the weekend!!! I had been in bed with the flu for most of the weekend so she has been spending it with my mom. She has been great.. We have an appointment at the vets this afternoon so we will see what he has to say.
    Thank you all

Melissa and Presley

It is good to hear good news about Presley! Hope things go well at the vet.

It's good to hear that she didn't have any more seizures over the weekend! We'll be thinking of you as you go to the vet!