Thread: Dog/Human/Dog Park Behavior

Hybrid View

Dog/Human/Dog Park Behavior

So, Remy and I have been going to the dog park since she was four months old. She's never had a negative experience there, except for one time she did get rolled as these dogs were running by and she got in the way. But she just shook it off.

My question is, when Remy meets a dog, inside or outside the dog park, she always pushes her butt against the ground, looking like she's peeing, and places her head down. People take it as scared and timid, but I just take it as being submissive and letting the dogs know she means no harm. The dogs will sniff her in this position, and she will try to sniff them. Once she gets a good sniff in and the dog runs away and she can chase them, she becomes herself again, chasing them and wanting to play. Tail up and waving like a happy beagle. She's done this behaivor since day one meeting other dogs. She also sometimes does it to humans. But while the humans are petting her tail is against the ground but wagging.

Any insight would be nice
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

I wish that was my only problem with Zoee. I'd be happy!
    No, it does sound like she is just submissive and wants everyone to know. I've seen other dogs at the park do this exact same thing. As long as you can tell she's not scared then I probably wouldn't worry about it.
    BTW - I don't recall any pictures of little Miss Remy recently (unless I missed them while I was on vacation).
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I would agree - easy life, gets to play and nobody gets upset. Sounds like a very well adjusted appraoch to life for your dog - well done you - result!

I figured she was just being a good little girl too. People are always asking, though, if she's frightened. They quickly take it back after seeing her dart around all the dogs. LOL!
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

Common for beagles

Most that we have had - or at least that my husband has had - have been similar in demeanor. Ginger has been lone dissident. She has a quiet, but leave me alone personality.