Thread: Sylvester, NYC, needs quiet, calm home

Sylvester, NYC, needs quiet, calm home

here's sylvester, the little one i mentioned yesterday. he's special because of his traumatized past, that can only be guessed at. he's ALSO special because he needs one of those homes that most rescue folk can't provide: one that's quiet and calm and not full of other kitties!

his progress so far makes it clear that cats don't hold grudges, but this guy definitely deserves a second chance....
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    URGENT, adoption fell through ... NYC transport available (and SCAT could help with transport out of the area, i'm sure!)

Sylvester is a stunning and handsome, black, declawed, polydactyl boy. He is 6 years old and was recently left at a high kill city shelter by his owner.

He was was one of the most emotionally traumatized kitties myself or the vets had ever seen.

I have pieced together a bit of the history that culminated in him finding himself in a cage on the euthanasia list, but most of his story
    remains a painful secret Sylvester will never be able to tell us.

Thanks to a caring and gentle foster mom, this beautiful boy has made amazing progress, ..from hiding and shaking 24/7, to allowing pets and the occasional belly rub, chasing birds in the window, and even playing ..

Sylvester's adoption fell through and he is urgently in need of a quiet, calm, and safe, forever home, with an experienced cat person, who will let him be himself, and allow him to trust and socialize, and come to them at his own pace.

We dont know for sure how Sylvester is with other cats, but I believe if there were only one or two others for him to navigate, he would be fine.

He is by nature a shy and gentle boy

I am hoping there is a special place out there for this very deserving cat, ...with a human who will both
    give him the time and space to be alone, but also gently encourage, and help him to trust again.

Many thanks,

Ilse

[email protected]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	slyvester_0842.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	43410   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sylvester_0845.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	43411  

Spay/Neuter Your Neighbors! It Can't Hurt....

MC
    Special-Needs Coordinator, Purebred Cat Breed Rescue (www.purebredcats.org)
    Team Member, SCAT (Special-Cat Action Team, too busy to do a website yet!)