Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Meet Apollo - Cutie Warning :)!

Apollo is adorable! He would make a very purr-fect Found Kitty!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

He's adorable. Hopefully his paw won't cause him any problems. I'd have a very hard time letting this little cutie pie go. Good luck.

Oh, he'd make a wonderful Found Cat! He's an Orangeman, after all.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    If Apollo's elbow is getting red, he might be wearing his fur down so his skin develops a sore, which could lead to infection. (Could that be the source of the bacteria infection he has now?) You might want to ask your vet about it before she sees him again next week.
    His elbow is only getting slightly red and I think it's from him running around when we let him out to play with the other cats. I think it's a little rug burn. His bacteria infection was found from his stool test. I think the bacteria thing was from his tummy because his belly was really really hard but now it's getting smaller thanks to the meds he is on.

He's such a love bug and he cries and cries when he wants to be held. I will ask my vet though because I don't want him getting any sores or anything on his elbow.

Our other cats don't seem to mind him too much. They are playing with him and he is so full of energy! I haven't had a kitten in about 7 years, we've had 6 months old ones but never ones full of this much energy. It's crazy at how fast he moves around the house when we let him out.

Some of our older cats teach him not to bug them but he has to learn certain things.

He is such a sweetie pie. He was lying on me last night just sleeping away and I hated to move him but sometimes when I put him down he just cries and cries and want's to be held more and more. I try not to give in too much but it's hard not to especially since he's so cute.

Quote Originally Posted by happylabs View Post
    Yes, he looks like a real sweetie. So strange about the paw issue. What do your other cats think of him?

Don't worry I understand what you mean when they just want to be held all the time Olivia (aka Spunky) is exactly the same way. I now carry her around in a sling so that she can be carried around ... what we do for them!

Well tonight Apollo is going to the vets for his first set of shots and an exam on his foot to see if there is anything we can do for him.

He's been such a sweetie pie. I'm not sure if we are going to be adopting him out yet or not. His little face is just so darn cute and he's fitting in pretty well here it seems so far.

I will try to write when I get back from the vets because tomorrow I'm having surgery so I'm not sure when I'll be back on but hopefully by Monday I should be.

Melissa

He is just so ADORABLE!

Best wishes to him with his vet exam, and best wishes to you with your surgery.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Apollo now weighs in at 1.75 lbs.

He got his first set of shots yesterday and he did so well. The vet said she believed his paw wasn't fractured or anything like that and believed it was a birth defect so we decided not to x-ray him at this time because it's not causing him any pain when someone touches him and he is using his paw to play. Sometimes he will hold it up and she said we could wrap his paw and get him used to it since he's so little right now.

We are going to try that and hopefully it will help prevent sores and the skin getting infected.

He goes back in 3 weeks for the second round of kitten shots and he was given a wormer med yesterday as well.

Melissa

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    How is this adorable boy doing?

It kind of looks like he was born with a short leg bone -- or maybe some missing bones down closer to the paw. It just makes him more unique. And it doesn't look like it slows him down at all.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I'm hoping that Maya and Inka's mommy will see this thread and comment. Her Snoopy girl has a special paw, too. (Does anyone know if they are still on their vacation trip?)
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Thanks for warning me about this Cassiesmom!!

Our Snoopy has a special paw too! There is no bone in her "hand". There are only 2 toes and 2 nails. It is a birth defect. Her breastbone isn't normal either: it is in many small pieces, not connected; so we can feel and see her heart beat! I will look for a pic and post it here asap!

ps.Snoopy is such a lovebug too
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

You are going to find it incredibly hard to give up Apollo, quite likely impossible!

I saw an article about cat socks on Best Friends recently and am posting the story link here:

http://news.bestfriends.org/index.cf...1A4963D295AE09

If that is so long that it is a problem, just search their web site for a cat called Charlie Brown. He gets sores also. Perhaps you need to work on this, and get him used to it, before he develops true sores which will be far, far harder to deal with?

Just saw this thread and he is adorable!!!! He would be hard for me to give up if I was fostering him. Thanks for helping him

Hi sorry for the delayed response I was away for a few days and I'm now just able to get back online again.

Apollo is doing very well right now. I think he's grown a bit since I was gone. We have decided not to x-ray him at this point but if something goes wrong we will of course take him to the vets to x-ray him.

He can run so fast it's crazy. I think I just forgot how crazy kittens get.

Thanks for asking about him.

Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98 View Post
    How is this adorable boy doing?

It kind of looks like he was born with a short leg bone -- or maybe some missing bones down closer to the paw. It just makes him more unique. And it doesn't look like it slows him down at all.