Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help now!

John how do you become a member of SCAT?? I am in TX which is kinda in the middle of East & West Coast.. Is there any members in TX yet??
    Quote Originally Posted by GILL View Post
    TenHouseCats is right there are a bunch of real great people in a number of organizations through out the country. We cover Main to California to Florida. I have a cat from Cal. and a couple from Mass. These people work above and beyond what is necessary. Time, money, transportation, and most of all open harts. We don’t just look in our back yard, but try to help as many as possible. No matter where or when.
    All I can say is THANKS to everyone that helps and yes I am proud to say I am a member of S.C.A.T.

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Buddy Boy's brother

has a furrever home in Miami; transport is being arranged for that even as I type.....

I believe that SCAT now has a web site. As to me I do transports any where from Baltimore to Boston. most are set up for 1-1.5 hour drives, but it seems that there is a problem going from N.J. to Mass. so I have been covering it. I love to drive and for me 4 hours each way is no big deal. I prefer cats but I have handled dogs. I have some pics on my site at: www.jsgill.net
    GILL & Crew;

Buddy Boy in TN: update

good news!!!!!!

Buddy Boy and his bonded brother, Joey, will NOT be separated after all: they are BOTH being adopted by the same family, and moving together to SC!

(anyone in the columbia area who could do a home visit? the form will be supplied..... that's the last step.....)

SCAT website

we have a domain name, and an unmonitored emeow address.

none of us has time to actually make up a website, tho--we're all too busy saving cats....

if people are really interested in fostering, or posting cats around, or helping with transport, we can start posting our cases here more often.....

MC

Hi Mary Christine, you know me already.. what with all your help getting Hershey from Ann Arbor to Rochester NY (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=154227).

And as I told you before and would like to let the SCAT people and others know, I will be glad to help with transport.. Detroit/Windsor/Toledo/Flint/Lansing areas 1-1.5 hours away.. Grand Rapids/Kalamazoo/Saginaw/southern Ontario/mid-Ohio areas a couple of hours.. longer trips, e.g., Chicago/Toronto/Buffalo possible with a little time to work out details..

Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Buddy update

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 7:14 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi all I just have to share the good news, I always say God sends angels, he just has them on stand by for when we need them.
    As you all know Buddy Boy in TN, found an excellent home, as it turns out Buddy's new Mom didn't know about Joey.
    Joey was adopted and was suppose to be coming to Mia this weekend.
    Earlier today when I talk to Jennifer over the telephone I mention Joey to her (which she didn't even know he existed).
    I wasn't going to ask but my good friend MC that most of you all know, planted the seed in my head to ask Jen if she will take Joey too, so i did and sent her his pic via e-mail.
    Well approx. 5 min. ago I got an e-meow from Jen saying that she will take both.
    Joey and Buddy will now be together forever.
    I am so happy about this that I have tears in my eyes.
    So I want to hear bells ringing, paw clapping, and all the YEAH's!!, that you all send my way when good things happen.
    I will like hear it loud and clear for these two babies that so deserve it.
    Hope this makes you all as happy as it made me.
    Thank you all again and thank you Jennifer for being an ANGEL and taking both of them to join your family.
    This is what is all about, together we save lives one a time.
    Pics of Buddy and Joey are below.

Celene Albano
    HPR Rescue CEO
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BUDDY.bmp 
Views:	35 
Size:	339.3 KB 
ID:	43405   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JOEY.bmp 
Views:	38 
Size:	225.1 KB 
ID:	43406  
    GILL & Crew;

I love happy endings! I'm so glad they both found a home together!

Wonderful job everyone!!

the joy of doing this work

and as phesina can tell you, once we know about you, we NEVER forget--i just went and tracked her down after almost a year....

and just let me tell you, there is absolutely NOTHING like the feeling of being a bad influence on people!

the woman who took in both buddy boy and his brother joey is someone i "know" from, of all places, www.icanhascheezburger.com -- and she saw buddy's photo on my facebook page. having complicated her life in this joyous way has just enriched mine in ways you wouldn't believe--seriously!

i was also able to hook up a retired flight-attendant friend (also from cheeseburger!), and she's gonna accompany a three-legged kitty from houston to HIS forever home in boston over the weekend....

there is NO job better than this.

i'll be posting about sylvester later today--a very special little boy in the NYC area, who desperately needs a quiet, calm, place of his own....

MC

Spay/Neuter Your Neighbors! It Can't Hurt....

MC
    Special-Needs Coordinator, Purebred Cat Breed Rescue (www.purebredcats.org)
    Team Member, SCAT (Special-Cat Action Team, too busy to do a website yet!)