Thread: My beloved Thai

My beloved Thai

This is the sixth sad anniversary of putting my beloved Thai asleep. Thai was a beautiful bluepoint siamese and SHE was the boss! She lived a long and fairly healthy life and passing away from old age. She lived a remarkable 22 years with me (1981-2003). When she was 5 years old she got into some of my mom's yarn and ate some of it. She had to be operated on to remove it. Incredibly she lived another 17 years after the surgery! I truly miss my Thai!

RIP Thai.

Dave, that is a ripe old age for a cat, and I envy you.

My Barn cats didnt make it to age 10.

My only pet store cat is still begging for belly rubs at 14, and my first found cat is only 6.

I do still miss my barn cats. Cineli was a cool cat.

Im sorry for your loss of Thai, but you brought back some great memories.

Sorry for my ramblings.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    RIP Thai.

Dave, that is a ripe old age for a cat, and I envy you.

My Barn cats didnt make it to age 10.

My only pet store cat is still begging for belly rubs at 14, and my first found cat is only 6.

I do still miss my barn cats. Cineli was a cool cat.

Im sorry for your loss of Thai, but you brought back some great memories.

Sorry for my ramblings.
    Thank you, Blue. Ramble all you want. I believe that Siamese can live longer lives than other cats. One thing I didn't mention, and I have a pic somewhere of her doing it, of her climbing up and peeing in the commode! ( I couldn't teach her to flush!) She'd look back at me as if she was saying "Do you mind?"!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    What great memories you must have - and you brought back memories of my 3 Meezers - Ming, Sam & Suki. There was never a dull moment when they got wound up, and their antics always kept us laughing. Ming & Suki were Seal Point, and Sam was a Blue Point. Bad boy Ming was the oldest, and he outlived them all, and was 20 when he departed for RB.
    He too was a smart one. One day he taught himself to use the toilet (but only to pee - I think he liked the sound of the tinkle ), but he never learned to flush either! He never used the litter box again as long as the toilet seat was raised, and with a husband (EX) and 2 boys growing up in the house, you can guess how often that was!!
    I too have a picture of him attending to business in this rather unusual way for a cat.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

What a good long life your Thai lived , David!
    I wish My Siaese Six Pack had as many years here as Thai, but My Longest Living Meezer was Bodacious Bo Bo who passed on at 16.
    I know Thais an Animal Angel Army General now in charge of Restaurant Arrangements , and she fiinds the place that not only have meat for the carnivores , but veggies for the herbivores.
    She will be pleased Davi, that you remember her so fondly and she wants you to know that you have a date at a Great Buffet.
    One Fine Day
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Meezers

Meezers can definitely go a long way- my parents always had Siamese when I was growing up, and MANY lived to over 20- three went to over 25, one to over 26 years old! The secret seems to be to spoil them rotten...... my parents both passed away in '95-'96 and I got their two Siamese girls, Shi and Hertu, who lived to, respectively, 18 and 20-1/2-- they both had CRF at the end, Shi went 4 years with sub-cu fluids for that, plus some Glucosamine for slight age-related arthritis --and they both led were active and happy lives..........

How nice of you to remember your Thai....and you had many good years with her, and now many good memories!!! Thai will always be with you....Sleep softly, sweet Thai....Thank you for sharing your story....