Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: My senior blackie Boo needs prayers;*Update 8/28*; post #123; great new update!

The Boo meow! Weak, but there!

MORE prayers for baby Boo!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I like to hear about improvements, even small ones.

Anxiously waiting for the after vet visit report...come on Boo!

Just got home from the vet's and Dr. Lee seemed a little puzzled but encouraged nonetheless because Boo's weight went UP 5 oz. and his creatinine went DOWN! He noticed when he was examining Boo that he held his hind legs really stiff and wouldn't sit no matter how hard Dr. Lee tried to get him to do so. I told him that whenever I pick up Boo that his hind legs stay stiff, too. So we did another x-ray and this time some arthritis did show up on his hind legs. No fleur-de-lis thingies in his stomach, though. That will probably forever remain a mystery. I asked why the arthritis didn't show up last time and he said "I wish I could answer that. If you were to x-ray my wrist right now, which is killing me, you wouldn't see arthritis but it's there". I guess it didn't show up for the same reason that the fleur-de-lis thingies didn't show up either.

Then he said that Boo's amylase level was a little high but not alarmingly so but he felt that possibly he could be in the early stage of pancreatitis. (I sure hope not.) The long and short of it is that he feels Boo is in pain. At first, he thought it was Boo's stomach but now we know that not to be the case. Now he feels it could be arthritis. So I'm to keep him on the Metacam for 10 more days and if he doesn't improve, then he'll do an ultrasound in case Boo could possibly have the beginning of a pancreatic tumor. He said that he didn't feel the necessity to do one now, to give the Metacam time to work. He may start Boo on Prednisolone if the Metacam doesn't help because at Boo's age of 18, the Pred can only help him and I agree.

So I guess I'll just watch Boo closely and when Pidge isn't cuddling up next to him, I will be. I'll keep you posted on any changes. Thank you again for your kind thoughts and prayers. I KNOW it's what helped him show improvement today.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Don't worry, we will all keep good thought and our prayers coming Boo's way! Get well, baby.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Oh, good news, you and Boo are still in there coping with this together! Thanks to Dr. Lee and all his wisdom and help, and to all the other kitties too and all the prayers and love and energy coming your way.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Big prayers for blackie Boo from Chicago
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Baby steps Mary...baby steps. That's what it's all about. We have celebrate any sign of improvement no matter how minute. I'm sorry to hear about the arthritis but as I said in the other thread, Metacam really helps Max with his arthritis in his back hips so I remain positive that it can only help Boo Boy with his pain. As for the pancreatic tumor, I'm praying really hard that this is not the case.

Keep the faith Mary and know that we are all rooting for Boo. We've seen PT prayers work before, it will happen again. Please give that Boo Boy a gentle kiss on the forehead from me.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

We're here, that's all we can do, and we're praying!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

How is Baby Boo today???
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    How is Baby Boo today???
    Baby steps, as you said, Slick, baby steps. He's been moving around the house a little, not much, but it's encouraging nonetheless. He mainly stays in the patio room but previously all he did was lie in the same spot except for when he needed to use the litterbox. His appetite also has improved a little. He comes when called for breakfast but if someone pushes him out of the way, he leaves and lets them have his food rather than hold his ground as he used to, so I'm going to put him in a separate room at breakfast time so that he gets all his breakfast. I just wish he'd purr and meow. He once was a regular purr machine and he'd talk so much that he'd make me laugh. He just seems to have lost his energy.

Night before last he and Pidge were at the bottom of my bed and she never leaves his side. When the other is sick, they're always there for each other. She snuggled in extra close and Boo didn't want to be bothered and started to walk away. Pidge let out this sound as if to say "Well!" and she smacked him! Then he did walk away and she went after him and kept smacking him as they were walking as if to say "You get back here! How dare you walk away from me!" It was so cute to watch. Or maybe I need to get out more, I don't know.

Thanx for asking, Slick.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Prays coming for Boo, I'm sorry to hear about him. I hope the vet soon finds out what's going on with Boo.

Prays,
    Melissa

that's so sad that he's so unwell.i know how much you love him.i hope he gets better to have more time with you.
    about your pidge getting upset with him for not wanting pidges love...that would make me kind of chuckle too.
    And no,your doing fine (about not getting out enough)
    I act the same way with mine...only much much worse than you

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

Great new update!

Right after I posted this, I thought I'd better feed the Fur Posse but I wanted to brush my teeth first. When I came out of the bathroom, Boo was on the stairs waiting for me. As I was opening the cat food cans, he jumped up on the counter top and meowed! He was so hungry that he started eating right out of the dish on the counter top so I left him there and fed the others on the floor as usual. When he was finished, he jumped down and started eating from the other dishes. To say that I'm pleased is putting it mildly. This made me so happy! I wanted to take a pic of him on the counter top eating but I didn't want to do anything to freak him out so I left him alone. Wow!
    Blessings,
    Mary

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I had to chuckle when reading your account of Pidge/Boo. That must have been so darn cute to watch. Where's the camcorder when you need it - or in my case - wish you had one to start with!

Glad Boo is feeling better this morning. Let's just keep fingers and paws crossed that he continues with this improvement.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~