Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: My senior blackie Boo needs prayers;*Update 8/28*; post #123; great new update!

I'm so sorry for your worries with your kitty Boo.
    I know that it's a tough time when your baby cat gets old and it get sick.I hope things work out and he gets a few more years of life with you.If not,just know that you are giving him the best love any cat could ever have in their senior years.
    Good Luck,Prayers on the way.

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

Mary, I thought I had responded to this but evidently not, I'm sorry. I went to see if there was an update...

Prayers coming from MD - any further news?
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post
    Mary, I thought I had responded to this but evidently not, I'm sorry. I went to see if there was an update...

Prayers coming from MD - any further news?
    Not yet. Dr. Lee will call me today w/results from the blood work. He said that I could take Boo off the thyroid meds for the time being since they don't appear to be helping so he didn't get any last night. As soon as I speak to Dr. Lee, I'll post. Thanx for asking.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Just spoke w/Dr. Lee. He said that Boo's blood work came back mostly normal, no really elevated BUN or creatinine, etc. He said "I can't get that picture of the x-ray out of my mind" so he wants me to bring Boo in today for another x-ray. If it hasn't changed, he said he needs to do that exploratory surgery. I asked if he felt that at his age if Boo could withstand the surgery and he said "I feel that he can. All of his blood work is good so I think it's his stomach that's causing the problem". So. I guess we go back today. Please keep up the prayers for my boy.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Just got home from Dr. Lee's and I feel that Boo may have dodged a bullet. Those fleur-de-lis type things that showed up on the x-ray weren't there today. The frustration that Dr. Lee felt was all over his face; his lips were pursed and his brow was furrowed and he said "I don't know what to think". I told him that I didn't give Boo his thyroid med last night and there was a marked difference in him this morning. He was ravenously hungry and ate quite a bit as compared to how he's been eating, which is hardly at all. Plus yesterday he didn't make a sound when I put him in the carrier and drove to the clinic, which is unusual. He's normally quite vocal. Today he clearly did not want to go and told me so. I think the thyroid meds have something to do w/his behavior and lack of appetite so Dr. Lee said to cut his meds to once a day and see how he behaves and to bring him in for another x-ray in a couple of weeks unless he hasn't improved.

I can clearly recall my mother needing her thyroid meds adjusted when she would drag her feet and her voice would become raspy and she'd hang her head. Boo does the same thing. It's as though he's moving in slow motion and his meow has changed from being loud to sounding like a whine or a creaky door. Just cutting his meds in half since yesterday I've seen an improvement. Here's the rub: my mother was hypothyroid. Boo is supposedly hyperthyroid. I asked if Boo could be hypo, too, and he said "Mary, do you know how rare that is? It's virtually unheard of in cats but then, you definitely have unique cats". (We all do but I understand what he was saying.)

So, I guess I'll just carefully monitor him and if he hasn't improved, I'll take him in for another x-ray. Today, though, those fleur-de-lis thingies have disappeared!
    Blessings,
    Mary

I'm glad that exploratory surgery won't be needed and that Boo's spirits and appetite have picked up! Hopefully the adjustment in meds will be all that's necessary.

I'm glad Boo didn't have to go under

I hope all remains well with him

Prays still coming,
    Melissa

YAAY! Leave it to one of YOUR cats to bewilder Dr. Lee!

Glad he is better and eating more!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Mary, I am still getting caught up on things here. I hope Boo continues to improve on the adjusted meds. And that's so strange about the image on the x-ray. I hope it doesn't appear again.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I'm so glad Boo's improving! Keep us posted!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I'm delighted to hear Boo got a good report

That all sounds promising! Here's hoping and praying that the fleur-de-lis, whatever it was, is no longer going to be a problem and that Boo gets his meds adjusted so he keeps on keeping on for quite a while longer.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Seeing your latest news about Boo absolutely made my day!!!! How great that your sweetie is doing better and I hope it continues. Please know that Boo remains in my prayers.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Glad to hear good news.

I'm doing a happy dance for Boo!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!