Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elastic String

Weemer is gorgeous!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I'm glad to hear that Weemer finally pooped some of it out. My Pearl also ate some red elastic string and I was unaware of it until I saw her pooping it out. At first I thought it was blood in her stool. I later found the toy and threw it out. She was a very lucky cat. Now I make sure that all of my cats toys are safe. I even cut off the tails of the mice that I buy them because they also love to eat these.

Quote Originally Posted by aTailOf2Kitties View Post
    be very careful when pulling string out of a cat's rear end. If it is a really long piece, it is likely following the many curves and kinks of the cat's intestine. Pulling the string can cause it to "cut the corner" of some of these kinks and cause serious injury
    Mom was careful and Tigger went through it just fine. He never had any problems from it. That is why I called my mom over. I knew she had a long history with cats and that she knew what to do.
    In loving memory of Tigger 2003-2009. In loving memory of Ashes 2001-2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Weemer is gorgeous!
    thank you he is mommas lil boy for sure, and since i dont think all of it came out i'm still doing checks just to be safe, i already had one scare with him and a horrid bladder infection a couple years back, tummy is feeling a lil full so i think he should be using the box at some point today....lol thank goodness for rubber gloves, hubby says since the first batch it was all chewed in smaller pieces i need not worry but i do and will until i know he's rid of it all. can you believe he was tossed from a car window at 5 weeks old, thats how i got him, i went after him rather then the idiot who did it and he is a wonderful loving boy, well for me other people hes not too fond of unless you have beef jerky or whipped cream...lol