Cat owners are forever asking questions about their pets....

What do they like as far as food goes.
How much sleep is common?
How much does my cat weigh?

I have stumbled on to the best, easiest and smartest way to get their weight!

Ed weighs himself daily and without my help.

This kinda happened by accident and I have had a blast since.

-----------------------

Now, when you want to find out exactly how much your feline weighs - the old protocol dictates that you slide out the scale and grab the cat -they are probably are sleeping, eating, drinking or just hanging out - when you need that information!

You stand on the scale with a squirming cat, looking at the readout/dial, trying to do the quick math. "I weigh XXX and I subtract XX from THAT, carry the '1', hmmmmm-Wait......

The cat, really irritated that you can't stand, hold a them in your arms, do math and figure out the a cat scratches are painful, will begin to squirm.

YOu lose your train of thought, the numbers and have to put them down-so the process has to be done all over again!!!!!

Disclaimer?

Some cats will allow the indignity to go on and on, others will not even stick around for round 2!

My solution came about quite by accident!

I have a scale that needs a tile floor in order to give an accurate reading.
I keep it in one corner of the kitchen where it will not reach out and touch me.

I was doing some mopping when the scale got pushed next to the cat food! As I waited for the floor to dry, Ed comes in, and plops his arse onto the scale and begins to eat!

I notice the readout- it's an electronic scale - and there it is!

The magic number that I want! My cat's weight!

So, If I need info about the Edster's weight, I merely position the cat food with the scale in front of the container, and I get an honest, care free weighing of the most important person in the household.

More disclaimer? You may have to block out the space in front of the dish so the cat approaches the food from one direction and place the scale in that area....Then, you MUST be in the area to actually see and read the dial.

NO more squirming, upset cat. The only thing-and this is common with most felines- is that the weigh-in is done on their timetable.

You may have to run into the area where the scale is set up-but think of the exercise you will get trying to catch the cat on the scale!!!!

Everyone wins!

---------------

NOw that I have 'trained' the cat to weigh itself? I am looking into teaching the cat to go shopping for me!

Wish me luck!!!!