Thread: My Stolen Photographs

My Stolen Photographs

A terrible thing has happened to me.

Someone has stolen lots and lots of my Mummy's photographs from her Flickr Account, and has set them up in a Site called The Dog Channel. This person has called me Claira 'Single', and says that I am her pet. My Mummy is very upset, and has written to her, and posted a plea for help in the Forum, but it is still all there.

If anyone here is a Member of that Site, maybe you could help please.

Here is a lilnk
    :- http://www.dogchannel.com/blog/viewb...&Breed=Maltese

I joined the dog channel just for you, Snowdrop, and at the bottom of the page is a "report abuse" button, which I then did.
    I've Been Frosted

A Big Thank You

Thank you so very much Karen, I had not found that link to send in a complaint. I am really touched that you took the trouble to help me, and I have used it too now.

With very best wishes, and kisses from a grateful Snowdrop xxx

Give your superstar a kiss from me, okay? I hope it helped!
    I've Been Frosted

That is just so wrong. What the heck?!? Why would someone even do this. People are so weird! I just went to the site and tried to bring up to blog and it keeps going back to the main page so maybe they took it down?

Yes, after I sent in the "abuse complaint," I got an email back - they took down the page, and put a "warning" in that user's profile.
    I've Been Frosted

Sorry that this happened to you. But it doesn't seem so uncommon. I know on some dog forums people complain about strangers on the internet role playing as their dog, claiming that a certain dog is there when it is not and one person even found an ad on kijiji for her own dog. People are weird.

|Dashing Hamsters|

Slave To:
    Sam-Dog
    Lumiel-Hamsters
    Midnight, Ginny, Kiona, & Eevie-Cats

Anyone who sees their dog's swiped pictures used by someone else on dogchannel, they should email or PM me, and I can send an email myself, and give you the email address the person from dogchannel gave me for such incidents!
    I've Been Frosted

Touched

I have also now had a message from The Dog Channel, to say that they have deleted that person's profile, and all the photographs that she had stolen, 21 in all.

They have also sent her a reprimand.

I am very touched that you have all given me help and support, thank you, I feel quite relieved now.

This is unfortunately a sad consequence of posting pictures on the internet, particularly Flickr.
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

Many, too many, people think a photo 'sharing' site means they can use pictures for whatever reason they want, where ever they want with no regards to copyright.

Best thing you can do is post small sizes (72dpi) and watermark every image you post. It won't stop it, but may make your picture less attractive to someone wanting to steal it for their own use.

The only other option to guarantee your pictures won't be stolen is to never post them online or email them to anyone, but we all know that isn't any fun.

Sorry to hear your pictures were stolen.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022