Thread: Water Cat!

EveryWhere But Now Austell, Georgia is home.

Water Cat!

When I got home a two days ago I noticed my cat water bowls, (all three) were empty. They each hold a half a gallon of water, I have two grown cats and two growing Kittens inside the house so, I thought everybody must have been thirsty. Then when I got home yesterday they were all empty again. I again thought wow, they drink alot! This afternoon when I got up to go to work (6 hours after filling the bowls) they were, ... yep you guessed it empty again! I refilled the bowls and went about getting ready for work. When I walked out past the great room, there was Tuk tuk (the Manx) knee deep in the water bowl splashing at Sigyn (the Bobtail). I don't care that he plays but the water gets in the carpet and the wood flooring. How can I stop him from doing this, I don't think the spray bottle will not deter this behavior. I am sure he will just think "Daddy wants to get in to the fun too!" Help me save the water cat! or Help me, save the water, cat. What should I do.

I have a stinker who also likes to play in the water. My resolution was to get a large "indoor" dog watering bowl that shoots the water out in the center and down OVER a convex dome. This way the older/taller cats just walk up to the waterer and can slurp, slurp, slurp from the top.

The shorter/smaller cat(s) slurp their water from the "water fall" running down over the dome (on the side). I'll see if I can find the exact one I purchased and post the link for you.

I keep the water bowl in the kitchen on a ceramic tile floor so never had the carpet/wooden floor issue but I loooooove the fact that the cats seem to drink more water using this waterer.

http://www.petsolutions.com/Dogit-Wa...C40001694.aspx

I especially like the fact that there is NO bowl for the cats to dip their paws into . . . they get the idea and slurp, slurp, slurp.

Good luck.
    Sebastian & Miss Minnie

That is too funny. Well, I guess it probably isn't funny to you though since he is making a mess. How about a large bath mat? I have see some no-spill type of bowls that he wouldn't be able to get into in different pet catalogs. Here is an example. It is listed as a travel bowl but would probably solve your problem:

http://www.drivingcomfort.com/index..../5703/sc/54062

EveryWhere But Now Austell, Georgia is home.

Thank you.

I will try a bath mat and limited access bowl.
    Oooopppss!!!

We always had our St. Bernard's water bowl in an old tray with sides - an old jelly roll pan, or a cafeteria-style plastic tray will also work!
    I've Been Frosted

My cat Sunny still loves to play in the water bowls. I thought that he'd outgrow this but he's going on 9 and still plays in them from time to time. My solution was to use a clean uncovered litter box and then put the water bowl inside of it. This way it keeps most of the water inside of it. I also have them on my carpet and there's little or no water mess but Sunny doesn't empty out the water bowls like your cats. Good luck.

Lucky is are water cat, he loves to get soaked up to his elbows then jump on your lap and put his soaked paws on your chest. The other one is Bailey the munchkin, he likes to paw the water/bowl and move the bowls, we use over size dog bowls, I had to put a screw sticking out of the floor and put the bowls over it, to keep the bowls in place. He would pull so hard he water would splash out. The only ones that don't move are the 2 fountains.
    GILL & Crew;

Years ago I had a water cat Named Fritz. From the time he was a very young
    kitty I would take him in the shower with me. He loved to play in a small childs
    pool if not showering. Fritz was a very special boy.

Well its hard for me to answer due to I am laughing so hard.. Yup I think there is a water cat in every family.. I used to put the water bowls in the bath tub or shower.. That way if they spash it will just go down the drain.. Good Luck

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>