Thread: Pixie Bobs.

EveryWhere But Now Austell, Georgia is home.

Pixie Bobs.

I have to ask, I know it may generate a wall of hate mail, but I just have to. Why is it that so many people refuse to accept that Pixie Bobs are actually Hybrids? I have read sooo much about them just recently and just adopted two wonderful cats Lucy and Lacy. (Thank you, Maranda and Ron of Red River Bobis!) I wonder why after someone sees these cats (especially the Males) can they say that this is a purely domestic bred cat. I do not care if some "Lab Rat" says he can not find "Marker Genes" in these majestic cats. Meet one IRL (especially a male), when you do and you are looking at a 25 to 30 pound cat that is pure muscle, (they look and feel like a bulldog in a cat costume). Ask yourself have you ever seen any cat including the Maine Coon that is anything like this, the answer should be yes "Lynx Rufus" about 3/4ths grown. In a way I am glad people think it is not a hybrid as this would make it difficult to keep them as pets. But don't kid yourself the Pixie Bob is a SBT Blending of Bobcat to Domestic at least IMHO. WRT

Pixies are domestics

They were breed to look wild and genetic tests do not reveal any bobcat links.....they are interesting, very doglike(needy).........mine has feline friends so I don't have to entertain him every minute of the day.....and my husband has discovered that if he plays with it for a full 10 minutes he's chill the rest of the time...and will not be too aggressive(such a boy) with my girl kitties....he is different...enough to inspire myths like the breed has.....all cats were hybrids until certain characteristics are obtained and then they are bred to be genetic weaklings...so sad