Thread: Fostering two puppies

Fostering two puppies

I am currently fostering two puppies, Trixie and Sophie. The shelter found them at a creek very mangy and half-starved. I will be keeping them for a week and next Tuesday they will be spayed and then put up for adoption. This is a no kill shelter that entirely relies on donations from the city and its people. The puppies are just adorable. I do believe they have some basset hound in them. They have long ears. I don't know what their other part(s) are though. I will post a picture of them sometime and see what you all think.

Good for you! Can't wait to see pics!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

The one with the freckled nose and white on her face is Sophie, the other is Trixie. You can see a good pic of Sophie's ears but not so much of Trixie's. Trixie's are longer.

Pic 1. Taking their bath.

Pic 2. Getting cozy in a warm towel.

Pic 3. Trixie taking a nap.

Trixie is more hyperactive, she bounces around almost all day and she can get out of ANYTHING. She's very independent. She's not scared of anything and has already poked her nose at Stormie, our cat-and got it swatted! Thank God Stormie didn't have her claws out when she did it!
    Sophie is almost the complete opposite. While she is playful, she is generally more calm and timid. She's a follower, she follows her sister anywhere she can and can't stand to not be close to her. Sophie can't find her way out of anything, and Trixie often leaves her behind, which leaves Sophie crying on the other side. If there's a person who's lap she can crawl into, however, she'll happily be in it, and stay in it, as long as she can still see her sister. They're good pups at night. We keep them in a kennel and they'll bark for about 10-15 minutes and then you don't hear anything from them until the next morning when you go to feed them and let them out. I have no doubt that they'll find good homes, I just hope they go together.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00835.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	498.8 KB 
ID:	43225   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00839.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	581.2 KB 
ID:	43226   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00841.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	492.3 KB 
ID:	43227  

AWWWW! What adorable faces! Does the shelter have any idea how old they are?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

They're estimated to be around 3 or 4 months old.

Awwww. Such sweet babies. Thank you for looking after them.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Oh my gosh! Look at those ears!!! They are so adorable!!
    I secretly (well I guess not that secretly) wish you will be a foster failure.
    I'd love to watch these little girls grow up.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

thud! that was me falling over from all the cuteness! Puppies, I hope you are adopted together and you will have a very fun, happy, healthy, long life!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Oh my gosh! Look at those ears!!! They are so adorable!!
    I secretly (well I guess not that secretly) wish you will be a foster failure.
    I'd love to watch these little girls grow up.
    Lol. I wish I could keep them, but it wouldn't be fair to them since I can't afford any more animals. But I feel good providing them with a warm, safe place to stay until they find a new home. I will probably be doing this again. I tried to get more pics of them today playing in the yard but all the shots I got were blurry because they were running around so much. I had them playing on my bed this afternoon and ended up falling asleep. I woke up with one of them on each side of me, their heads on my pillow, asleep too. lol. I hadn't planned on having a puppy in my house for a long time, and I couldn't believe how much I really missed puppies running under my feet all through the house. I won't lie, I'll definetly miss them when they're gone, but I'll feel good knowing that I made their lives a little better.

Bless you! They do look like either Bassett/Beagle mixes.. who knows? They are just so adorable!
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred