Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone heard from Giselle?

Has anyone heard from Giselle?

I posted her a note and haven't heard from her, she last logged on in March?
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I have her phone number (if it's still valid). I'll try to give her a call.

Edit: I just sent her a text. I know she graduated and is/was going to be off to college. But I'll let you know if/what she replies.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    I have her phone number (if it's still valid). I'll try to give her a call.

Edit: I just sent her a text. I know she graduated and is/was going to be off to college. But I'll let you know if/what she replies.
    Oh I thought she had one more year of high school. I know she was considering which college to pick but I didn't hear which one she ended up picking. We are doing the big college hunt right now with my daughter so it made me wonder about her.

I have been frosted!

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post
    We are doing the big college hunt right now with my daughter so it made me wonder about her.
    How is that going? You mentioned it in a topic of mine a month or so ago. I was talking about my grandson.

They are going to check out a few places in Pennsylvania next week.

She went with my sister in law this weekend to check out UC San Diego because my sister in law needed to go there anyway. She loves it there. I told hubby we need to go check out Cal Poly at San Luis Obispo, I am rooting for Cal Poly, I think it has a better Engineering program and I don't like the idea of the 300 student classroom that UC San Diego has.

We scheduled a mini vacation in San Luis Obispo for August to go check that out, those are her two major choices right now. I would like her to look at UC Davis also, its only 30 minutes from our house so she could stay at home, not sure how great there Engineering program is though, she said they don't have much.

If she goes to Cal Poly its only 5 hours for me to go see her and there are places nearby to go camping with the dogs, San Diego is 10 hours away and I don't know about campgrounds down there...of course I doubt that will be a major consideration for her

I have been frosted!

Oh I thought she had one more year of high school. I know she was considering which college to pick but I didn't hear which one she ended up picking. We are doing the big college hunt right now with my daughter so it made me wonder about her.
    You know, maybe you're right. I think she is a year younger than my niece. Well, I haven't heard from her yet.

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I'm really not sure, she was waiting to hear from Berkely and my daughter hasn't even sent letters yet so maybe she did graduate...did she answer your text?

I have been frosted!

She went with my sister in law this weekend to check out UC San Diego because my sister in law needed to go there anyway. She loves it there. I told hubby we need to go check out Cal Poly at San Luis Obispo, I am rooting for Cal Poly, I think it has a better Engineering program and I don't like the idea of the 300 student classroom that UC San Diego has.

We scheduled a mini vacation in San Luis Obispo for August to go check that out, those are her two major choices right now. I would like her to look at UC Davis also, its only 30 minutes from our house so she could stay at home, not sure how great there Engineering program is though, she said they don't have much.

If she goes to Cal Poly its only 5 hours for me to go see her and there are places nearby to go camping with the dogs, San Diego is 10 hours away and I don't know about campgrounds down there...of course I doubt that will be a major consideration for her
    Stay at home - would she do that?

Will keep my fingers crossed for Cal Poly. 5 hours is a good distance - away, but not a terrible distance.

My son went to Annapolis, the Naval Academy - that was an all day trip for us. His oldest is at Hood, in Maryland - maybe 3 hours away. Evan wants to go out of state, also, but that could be as close as 2 hours.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Does your daughter have a specific field of engineering in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Stay at home - would she do that?

Will keep my fingers crossed for Cal Poly. 5 hours is a good distance - away, but not a terrible distance.

My son went to Annapolis, the Naval Academy - that was an all day trip for us. His oldest is at Hood, in Maryland - maybe 3 hours away. Evan wants to go out of state, also, but that could be as close as 2 hours.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Does your daughter have a specific field of engineering in mind?
    She told me a few of her options and I can't remember them She isn't positive but she wants to put to use her love of math and how good she is in it. She got college credits for her calculus in high school last year and its funny those calculus classes are her easiest classes.

I have been frosted!

10. Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post
    There are a few campgrounds around San Diego. I researched when my brother-in-law and family visited last summer. They stayed at a nice one in Oceanside.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    There are a few campgrounds around San Diego. I researched when my brother-in-law and family visited last summer. They stayed at a nice one in Oceanside.
    Oh thats good to know, I figured they were all fancy smancy rv parks...

I have been frosted!

She told me a few of her options and I can't remember them She isn't positive but she wants to put to use her love of math and how good she is in it. She got college credits for her calculus in high school last year and its funny those calculus classes are her easiest classes.
    Pretty much ANY flavor of engineering requires strong math skills.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Quote Originally Posted by smokey the elder View Post
    Pretty much ANY flavor of engineering requires strong math skills.
    Yeah thats pretty much what we are thinking, she wants to pick something that has good job prospects also.

I have been frosted!

...did she answer your text?
    No. I think I might just call her cell and leave her a message this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    No. I think I might just call her cell and leave her a message this afternoon.
    Thats not like her...I hope everything is okay.

I have been frosted!