Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: crumpet/english muffins

I just had a crumpet w/butter and red raspberry preserves w/my tea. YOWZA, was that ever yummy! I like them waaaay better than English muffins. Love the texture, the sweetness. Just oh so good. If you haven't tried a crumpet yet, you don't know what you're missing. As a matter of fact, be right back. I'm gonna go have another one.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I just had a crumpet w/butter and red raspberry preserves w/my tea. YOWZA, was that ever yummy! I like them waaaay better than English muffins. Love the texture, the sweetness. Just oh so good. If you haven't tried a crumpet yet, you don't know what you're missing. As a matter of fact, be right back. I'm gonna go have another one.
    OK - now I'm gonna have to try them. I've got both strawberry and peach preserves in the fridge to top them. Do they get toasted or not? I'll pass on the tea tho. Bllaahhhh! YUK!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Well it is English Muffin day today for me, all the yummy crumpets are gone, i am not sure which i prefer , i really like them both, and enjoy the change, i usually don't have both in the house at the same time, but there was a special on crumpets this week, 2 pkts for $2.50 so i grabbed them, the muffins were on special too at $2.49., i love my muffins with poached egg on them, the only way to eat poached eggs, toast is a has been, never again.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    OK - now I'm gonna have to try them. I've got both strawberry and peach preserves in the fridge to top them. Do they get toasted or not? I'll pass on the tea tho. Bllaahhhh! YUK!!
    Toasted. As for the tea, I was known as the "tea lady", especially by my mum. Then I got an infection in my jaw 9 years ago and a terribly high fever, lost 15 lbs. in 3 days (why can't that happen now?) and the taste of tea gagged me. I hated it after that until just recently. I decided to try a cup again and I'm back to loving it. I was doing pretty well on my diet this week, too, until those crumpets tempted me. Ah well, at least I enjoyed them. (she says as she smacks her lips)
    Blessings,
    Mary

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Mary - exactly why I can't even smell tea without practically gagging to this day - be it hot or cold or "hidden" in a punch, etc. My mother used to try to make me drink it as a kid when I was sick - to settle my stomach. Yeah - right. Barf...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Mary just to make you feel a bit better, the crumpets are 99 per cent fat free, well at least the ones down under are, and with just a smidge of jam on them make a very tasty, fulling and low calorie choice lunch, that is why i have them, on ww they are only 1 point each, i guess it depends if you are having them as morning or afternoon tea,but for lunch way to go.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    Mary just to make you feel a bit better, the crumpets are 99 per cent fat free, well at least the ones down under are, and with just a smidge of jam on them make a very tasty, fulling and low calorie choice lunch, that is why i have them, on ww they are only 1 point each, i guess it depends if you are having them as morning or afternoon tea,but for lunch way to go.
    Yep, these are fat free, too, but the butter and preserves are fattening.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Oh indeed, but i never use butter or marg, ever on either of them, just have a small bit of jam about 1 teaspoon, and that is only like 3pt lunch for me, so very good,it can be done and you certainly get used to doing without, i never use butter or marg on any of my sandwiches,only use it in cooking my low fat muffins, and that is about it,just have to give it up Mary lol.
    Furangels only lent.

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    Oh indeed, but i never use butter or marg, ever on either of them, just have a small bit of jam about 1 teaspoon, and that is only like 3pt lunch for me, so very good,it can be done and you certainly get used to doing without, i never use butter or marg on any of my sandwiches,only use it in cooking my low fat muffins, and that is about it,just have to give it up Mary lol.
    Dairy products are the absolute worst for me to give up. I use low fat or fat free for everything, cheeses, milk, mayo, etc. but I will not give up butter. I detest margarine and toast w/out butter or now a crumpet w/out butter, yuk. Maybe to lose a few lbs. but forever? No can do.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Crumpets, holey light buns to be toasted with butter and/or jam.
    Muffins are a bread like snack.

Ah Mary, we all have our weakness points,i guess that is your's, there are certain things i can't give up either,lol.
    Furangels only lent.

FWIW, when i go to the store on saturday, i will pick up more crumpets for my breakfast. the english muffins work best for me a mini pizzas.
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.