Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, no more landlords for me!

Well, no more landlords for me!

Because as of Friday, I am a home owner!

On 6/19 I was informed by the new owner of the duplex I was renting that her son was going to be living in my side of the duplex. The place was a dump anyhow, I just dealt with it because it was cheap rent and a 5 minute bike ride to work.

I have not had luck with renting and was just at my wits end with trying to find a GOOD landlord, who actually gives a crap about their property, and one that allows pets. My dad (who I owe my life to) decided we would try and find a home for me, especially with how low everything is going for in today's market.

He had called a real estate agent who happened to work for a big agent in this area that my dad has done a lot of appliance work for. She was showing us different houses but I was having a hard time getting the financing. Long story short, the lady we were working with brought my dad's name up to the owner of the agency and when he realized she was talking about my dad, he decided to finance us, it was just the matter of finding the right home!

We looked at several homes, none of them quite felt right until she showed us this yellow house with a white picket fence around it. I fell in love. I have always wanted a house just like this. We put an offer in on 6/25 and the next day they accepted it! We closed on the house yesterday!

It's a 2 bedroom, 2 bath, 1 car garage, terrazo floors throughout, screened in back porch, fully fenced in front and back, corner lot. It's down the street from my work, around the corner from one of my best friends, and a few blocks from my sister's house. Perfect size, location, everything (for me atleast!) I am in total awe over it and cannot wait until everything is moved in and I can rest in my own home!

Everything is a bit hectic right now, we're cleaning up the house and moving all of my things in. Alice is currently staying with a friend of mine, Athena is staying with another friend, and Mufasa and I are bunking at my parent's until we're finished moving in. The old owners moved out of state and left a lot of items. Apparently they were artists because they left a lot of art supplies and canvases/etc (perfect!) So we're sorting through their leftovers, keeping what interests us, and trashing the rest.

I never thought this would be possible, and especially so fast. The house was only on the market for 5 days before we swiped it up and it was mine in less than a week. I cant wait to get all moved in and take the longest nap as a new home owner. I think the most fun will be seeing Alice and Mufasa playing in their big yard!

I snatched this picture from the real estate listing. It doesn't show the whole property. Unfortunately, I packed my camera in a hurry so I haven't been able to get any photos of the inside.

The only trouble now is getting Alice and Athena back. Both of my friend's mom's have fallen completely in love with them, and keep joking about not giving them back.

I hope all is well with my extended family here, and if ya ever want to visit I now have a spare bedroom.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Congratulations!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Congratulations...my daughter is doing the same thing...her escrow is taking 30 days though. Its a great time to buy your Dad is a smart guy well plus I have always liked him since he brought Kiara back to all of us.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

By the way its really cute and the roof looks new!
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Congratulations, Kay! I'm sure your friends will miss your pups, but just tell them "I am sure there's a pup (or dog) at the shelter who can fill the spot Alice will leave behind!
    I've Been Frosted

I'm so glad to hear that everything is working out for you. The house looks great and it sounds like it's in a wonderful location for you too. Enjoy!!!

Congratulations! Great to hear you got your OWN home! The house looks lovely from the outside

Congratulations!......

.....there is nothing quite like having your own home to love!!!

Thanks to PCB!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kfamr View Post
    Because as of Friday, I am a home owner!

On 6/19 I was informed by the new owner of the duplex I was renting that her son was going to be living in my side of the duplex. The place was a dump anyhow, I just dealt with it because it was cheap rent and a 5 minute bike ride to work.

I have not had luck with renting and was just at my wits end with trying to find a GOOD landlord, who actually gives a crap about their property, and one that allows pets. My dad (who I owe my life to) decided we would try and find a home for me, especially with how low everything is going for in today's market.

He had called a real estate agent who happened to work for a big agent in this area that my dad has done a lot of appliance work for. She was showing us different houses but I was having a hard time getting the financing. Long story short, the lady we were working with brought my dad's name up to the owner of the agency and when he realized she was talking about my dad, he decided to finance us, it was just the matter of finding the right home!

We looked at several homes, none of them quite felt right until she showed us this yellow house with a white picket fence around it. I fell in love. I have always wanted a house just like this. We put an offer in on 6/25 and the next day they accepted it! We closed on the house yesterday!

It's a 2 bedroom, 2 bath, 1 car garage, terrazo floors throughout, screened in back porch, fully fenced in front and back, corner lot. It's down the street from my work, around the corner from one of my best friends, and a few blocks from my sister's house. Perfect size, location, everything (for me atleast!) I am in total awe over it and cannot wait until everything is moved in and I can rest in my own home!

Everything is a bit hectic right now, we're cleaning up the house and moving all of my things in. Alice is currently staying with a friend of mine, Athena is staying with another friend, and Mufasa and I are bunking at my parent's until we're finished moving in. The old owners moved out of state and left a lot of items. Apparently they were artists because they left a lot of art supplies and canvases/etc (perfect!) So we're sorting through their leftovers, keeping what interests us, and trashing the rest.

I never thought this would be possible, and especially so fast. The house was only on the market for 5 days before we swiped it up and it was mine in less than a week. I cant wait to get all moved in and take the longest nap as a new home owner. I think the most fun will be seeing Alice and Mufasa playing in their big yard!

I snatched this picture from the real estate listing. It doesn't show the whole property. Unfortunately, I packed my camera in a hurry so I haven't been able to get any photos of the inside.

The only trouble now is getting Alice and Athena back. Both of my friend's mom's have fallen completely in love with them, and keep joking about not giving them back.

I hope all is well with my extended family here, and if ya ever want to visit I now have a spare bedroom.
    CONGRATULATIONS You now have your own home sweet home.

Beautiful! Congratulations!!!!! Welcome home!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Congrats Kay! Your new house looks really cute and cozy!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Congratulations!
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

WOO HOO how EXCITING! I can't believe it all happened so fast for you!

And, I am partial to ranch houses, all one level, means you live there for ages without worrying about steps. Plus a fenced in yard? OMGOSH, this is too perfect! Can we be dreaming? NOPE, you signed on the dotted line.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Congratulations! Your Dad is a gem! Enjoy your house - you and your fur family totally deserve it!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    I'm so happy ane excited for you!
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.