Thread: We have a new momma

We have a new momma

No it's not me lol

we have a little robins nest up on the rafters of our porch roof. This nest appeared while I was up in Canada. I didn't think there were any babies as i hadn't heard any cheeping or seen any babies or anything.... but I was wrong there is at least one. I saw him or her for the first time today. I could see his/her hungry open mouth sticking up out of the nest lol. s/he is obviously not brand new as s/he has quite a bit of feathers now and is getting pretty big. not sure how many there are.... or if there is just the one.

I would get pics but it's kind of hard to see and momma gets pretty feisty if you get even remotely close to her nest lol. I went out to look and she was eyeing me up from the fence.

I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye on this nest as I don't want the baby to fall out since it is in the backyard where the dogs spend a lot of their time but so far so good and I don't think it will be long before this little one takes off on his own.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

How cool. I had doves nesting in my yard this year, they both grew up and flew away, it was pretty stressful with my potter, he is quite the hunter.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Oh goodness... I bet that was fun tryign to keep potter away lol

OK we have TWO babies for sure and possibly a third. I was watching momma feed them and I saw two little heads pop up but I couldn't tell if the third was a head or just a wing or soemthing

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Awwww, we had a nest in the bush next to our garage. The parents would dive bomb our heads as we walked in and out our front door. There were 5 babies!! I think at least one of them didn't survive to be an adult bird. Bruce was mowing the lawn and he thinks he ran over one with the tire. Poor baby.
    I believe I got a couple of pictures of them. I'll have to check tonight at home.

Here at work a co-worker was literally hit in the head by a bird three times! She had no clue why. I had to explain to her that the bird obviously had a nest near where she was walking. It was actually pretty funny. Now when she goes for a walk I tell her to watch out for the birds.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)