Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Do You Think? Gently Now :)

I appreciate all the comments and suggestions! We do have squirt bottles in every room, but they do not phase Avon at all. In fact she will even let me vacuum her with the attachments. She has NO fear. She's maddening because we cannot do anything on the counter that she's not in the middle of. When I'm unloading groceries she's inside the bags before I can get the food out. Preparing food is almost impossible. I've given up cooking much (good excuse huh ) and to have company over is too embarrassing.

So what I do is let her out when I'm getting ready cook. She wanders around the backyard and about 1/2 hour later I let her in. Our backyard is fenced and she seems to stay in it, so far.

It is scary, but I'm at my wits end. I figure it's better than giving up on her, or Leila, and trying to work it out the best way I can.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Is there somewhere else that you can put her when she acts up, sort of like a punishment? As I mentioned, I put Coco Puff in the basement when he jumps on the countertop when I'm cooking. I lived in AZ for two years and my cats didn't live w/me then but my neighbors had lost cats to coyotes.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Is there somewhere else that you can put her when she acts up, sort of like a punishment? As I mentioned, I put Coco Puff in the basement when he jumps on the countertop when I'm cooking. I lived in AZ for two years and my cats didn't live w/me then but my neighbors had lost cats to coyotes.
    Yes, coyotes are a bad thing for the cats around here. Luckily we're not on the outskirts so don't see many around here. I have shut her in a different room when able to catch her. Believe me, I've tried about everything!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers