Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Small blisters on hands *update #24*

Small blisters on hands *update #24*

I have developed these teeny water blisters on my hands. I've one area for a couple of weeks now and over the course of this week I have three more spots on the other hand. They are sometimes itchy and hurt if I hit them on something. They are not red, in fact you can hardly see them at all.
    Does anyone have a clue what these could be? I've looked it up online and have found several things it could be. I've soaked my hands in vinegar water and last night my nail lady (who is also an esthetician) gave me some cream to put on them. But one just popped out on the palm of my hand within the past hour. The others are on my fingers. Weirdness!!
    Last edited by Taz_Zoee; 09-10-2009 at 04:58 PM.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I have no idea I hope they aren't bothering you.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post
    I have no idea I hope they aren't bothering you.
    Actually they aren't bothering me at all. Other than occasionally itching, or if I bump one on something. But I just don't know what they are. It's just so strange. One of the things online mentioned stress. I've been stressed before and this didn't happen. But I'm noticing stress affects me differently almost every time. Another thing I've been trying to think of is if I've used a new soap or chemical type thing on my hands. I can't think of anything.

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Since its on your hands I wonder if its something you handled? Maybe a plant or something?
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I used to get them quite often - mostly on my thumb and index fingers - not on the top or underside - only on the sides. I have no idea what caused them, but they were never annoying enough to go to the doctor. I had them off and on for a period of years, and eventually they just never came back. They only itched occasionally too. Stress could be a factor I guess.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Look up dishydrotic eczema or "pompholyx". It's a form of eczema that causes tiny vesicles on the hands and feet. It can range from mildly itchy to intensely itchy.

No plant handling recently. I could never have plants in the house becuase Taz would eat them.

I'm wondering if it's just stress. But I will be looking up dishydrotic eczema tonight as well. I think I saw that when I was searching before. And this is something that can all of the sudden form? Why?!?!

I get something like you described. I went to the doctor a few years ago for it and they said it was a fungus from having my hands in water too often. It made sense since I was working with animals and washing my hands constantly. The doctor gave me a cream for it and it cleared right up. My hands still break out on occasion, but I still have the cream (it was a big tube) so I haven't had to go back to the doctors for more.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Quote Originally Posted by KBlaix View Post
    I get something like you described. I went to the doctor a few years ago for it and they said it was a fungus from having my hands in water too often. It made sense since I was working with animals and washing my hands constantly. The doctor gave me a cream for it and it cleared right up. My hands still break out on occasion, but I still have the cream (it was a big tube) so I haven't had to go back to the doctors for more.
    That's interesting. I do wash my hands a lot (because I go potty so much from drinking so much water). But I used to work with babies and was washing my hands much much more than I am now and the only problem I had then was the soap was horrible and drying out my hands. We do have crappy soap in our bathrooms at work, but it's the same soap for the past two years.

I guess if it doesn't go away by the time I get home from vacation (August 10th) I'll go to the doctor. They do not get any bigger as time goes on.

Thanks for all the ideas and suggestions.

I used to get these a LOT.

Have you changed laundry detergent recently? Handsoap? Dishsoap?

My biggest problem was when I'd go potty in a public restroom and have to use their harsh soap. It always made my hands get those little water-blisters. And for years the only type of soap I could use in the bath was Jergens. (Luckily I can use others at the moment, but I keep Jergens bar soap in the house in case the allergies come back!)

The only type of laundry detergents I can use are either Tide or Purex Naturals. All the others make me break out in those little blisters all over my hands.

Annoying little things aren't they? You want to scratch them so bad, but then when they pop they hurt and itch just as bad!

I haven't had a "flare-up" in about 3 years... lol now that I mentioned it, I'll probably get a whole handful of them.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

are the bumps in the webs of your fingers? mostly on the palm or mostly on the back(nail side) of your hands? are they the size of pinheads or ballpoint pen tips, very small or more then 1/4 inch? is the fluid that comes out clear/creamy/pus like/red? how much fluid comes out, minute or an 2/3 drops? are they crazy itchy when the pop or do you hardly feel it all when they pop?
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Been there, done that. Went to the dermatologist and he said it was from stress (I worked for lawyers, of COURSE!!) and called in a prescription for a topical cream. It went away.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Scooter's Mom - We always use different brands of detergent. This time we are using the store brand, but I think the fragrance is different. I wonder if that would do it? But just on my hands? I don't even touch the detergent when doing the laundry ( I mean I don't get any on my hands).

joycenalex - One is along the outer edge of my thumb, not really on top or on bottom. Two are on the tops of my fingers (nail side) on the knuckles. One is in the web area between my thumb and index finger. And the most recent one is on the palm. So I've got them EVERY WHERE! They are clusters of teeny tiny blisters. The fluid is clear and not a lot. They don't itch too bad and when they do I try my hardest NOT to scratch them. The only one that's really popped was one on my knuckle because I scratched it too much when it first came out. And it didn't hurt, just itchy.

moosmom - It might be stress. Usually when I stress I get sores in my mouth, not my hands. This would be a new symptom of stress for me, but I wouldn't be surprised. But when I stop and think about it I'm not THAT stressed. I mean, I did lose my Tazmoe and almost Paizly, but that's all done now. Work is not too bad. I'm caught up on my desk. Maybe it's anticipation of our vacation coming up at the end of the month. We are taking a motorcycle trip for 11 days. Maybe I'm very nervous and anxious about that.

They seem to start to go away and then flare up again. And when I say flare up it's not like they get HUGE, they are still just teeny tiny. I wish I could take pictures of them, but you couldn't even see them in person much less in a picture. I have to hold my hand just right to see the bumps, or you can feel them.

Thanks for the responses!

The reason I asked about soaps/detergents is because it's a huge issue for me. My hands are extra sensitive to any changes.

Hope yours go away, and fast!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

I had forgotten completely about these blisters until I saw your post.
    I used to get them a lot - they didn't hurt - and they were tiny. I was careful not to scratch them.

Then they simply went away.

I attributed it to stress at the time.