Thread: Leda is coming back to me

Leda is coming back to me

Leda (the cat from the NYC shelter who was adopted Dec 2006 and returned in Jan 2009) has spent the last several months in another foster home. She did OK at first, but is TERRIFIED of the toddler in the home. She started peeing behind their TV. Tests showed no urinary problems, and she used the box when it was placed behind the TV. So obviously that is the only place she feels safe.
    There is simply no other place for her to go. Very few foster homes will take a permanent foster. and She hates (or fears) other cats. But she will simply have to adjust. My dilemma is where should I put her? Up with the fosters (fewer cats to adjust to). Or down with mine (twice as many cats but more space to get away from them AND more chance to be with me)

Here is her petfinder page.

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/dis...petid=12856684

Its looks as Leda will be your Cat, Jen and shes so fortunate to have you as a safety net if things go wrong with her adoptions.
    I wish that I could take her in, she would not have to worry about toddlers.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I'm so sorry this is happening to both of you. We both know she would have died in that shelter, and it seemed that everything was going her way for a few years - a true success story! Poor Leda just can't catch a good break.

I doubt I can help since she is such a nervous cat and getting her to me, all the way across the country, through the truckers network would be a nerve-wracking journey for her. And, I don't have anywhere good for her either since I'm having problems with aggressive cats and fragile cats living in the same house. I do have a double front bedroom (I cut a smallish hole in the wall so that cats can move from one front bedroom to the other) where I have Sherbert (3 year old foster and asthmatic from any stress) and Raven (16 years old and very nervous). I doubt if even that would work since Raven poops on everything when he's stressed and I wouldn't want to set off a asthma attack in Sherbert. Also, I only have time to go into their room for brief periods in the evening - they are both ex-ferals so don't mind.

Keep us updated on how she settles in.

How old is Leda now? The PetFinder item simply said she was "adult".

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie View Post
    How old is Leda now? The PetFinder item simply said she was "adult".
    Don't worry, she'll adjust. (I am trading the foster kittens for her this Sunday)

Leda is 5 1/2 - 6 years old now.

I'm glad she's coming back to you, Jen, and didn't wind up in a shelter. She'll be safe now, away from that little crumbsnatcher.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Bless her heart and yours for taking her back in. I hope she will get adjusted with your others so she can just stay and become a lucky Luckenbach kitty!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!