Thread: It maybe time for Booboo and rainbow bridge

It maybe time for Booboo and rainbow bridge

To give you a little background...my BooBoo was diagnosed with bone cancer last year. Unfortunately amputation was not an option due to the location of the cancer. I've had her on meds and doing everything I can to make her life as comfortable as possible. She was doing great for awhile but the cancer I fear has caught up to her. She is now having a hard time walking up and down the stairs of my house. It takes her a good 30 minutes for her to be able to walk down the stairs to go potty. I think she is is getting closer to rainbow bridge. Ugh..

I am fighting with my ex (we sort of share custody) about this issue. I don't want her to be in any pain. He is arguing with me that she is ok because she is sort of playful. I keep telling him that he doesn't don't know that for sure, especially with her having a very hard time walking. While she is not crying in pain she is having a hard time walking and I don't want to see her like that at all. She was at the vet last week and they increased her meds but I think that is only going to do so much.

At this point I am forced to make a very hard decision and I don't know what to do. Do I start making arrangements with my vet for Boo's rainbow bridge departure or do I wait? Both my ex and I do agree that maybe she has weeks left. I don't know what to do and I can't stop crying.

Owned by Booboo, Magic, and Shadow
    RIP my precious Panther, BooBoo, and Shadow. Mommy misses you!
    ------------------

You will be in our prayers. It is so hard to see our loved ones failing. Boo at least has you, and knows she is very loved.
    I've Been Frosted

I just went through this exact same thing with my kitty, Taz. Everyone told me I'd know when the time came. I'd see it in his eyes and all this. Well, he didn't tell me anything with his eyes, but at our last vet visit I had a feeling. The vet agreed and I sent him to the bridge. This was just last Thursday, so I really know how you are feeling right now. I kept wondering if it wasn't time, then I would wonder if he was in pain and I was letting him suffer. It was a horrible time for me.
    So, I guess all I can say to you is when ever the time comes, please know you are doing BooBoo a favor. I have to keep telling myself that every day about Taz.

I will keep you and BooBoo in my thoughts.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I'm so sorry to hear this. Animals can hide their pain very well so it's sometimes hard to tell when it's time to let them go. My baby boy Starr was trying to show me for several months that he wasn't feeling well but I was in denial. He was still having some good days so I thought he was okay. He then started having more bad days than good so I knew it was time to say goodbye. This also just happened recently and it still hurts but I know that I made the right decision and now he's pain free and finally at peace. My thoughts and prayers go out to you during this difficult time. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

I'm torn up about this decision. She is limping quite a bit but at the same time she is dragging me when I attempt to walk her. I am going to have my vet take a look at her again to see if he can help me.

To make things worse I am arguing with my ex about this decision. He thinks she is ok and not in any pain. I have my doubts. Ugh.. I look into my baby's eyes and my heart just sinks.

Owned by Booboo, Magic, and Shadow
    RIP my precious Panther, BooBoo, and Shadow. Mommy misses you!
    ------------------