Thread: Anyone own Jack Russell Terriers

Anyone own Jack Russell Terriers

I just adopted a 5 year old Jack Russell and would like to share stories with anyone else who shares the eventful life I have just began to appreciate. I love this guy he makes us laugh at least once a day. There is only one problem, when ever we one of us leaves the car his dark side comes out. Does anyone else have this problem?

Great for you! Adopting is wonderful though can be a lot of work.
    Ohhh yes JR's, they are characters aren't they? Personally I think mine has big time issues! Sometimes its like going to war with her What exaclty does he do? Destroy things? Chew? Bark?

Tinky is about a year and a half, and basically a little hooligan, when we take her inside the truck she's fine but when anyone leaves she starts pacing, barking at people passing by, and being very restless, this is probably our fault for not getting her trained, but I'm curious what your JR does.
    No tinky no!

oh I am so relived to hear about you JR doing that thing in the car because Bentley does the same thing. We call it "Bentley's Dark Side". We thouhgt it was him but it must be a JR trait. Bentley even growls and barks at cars pulling up next to us. And yes he chews, always wants to play and seems to never settle down until night. I was told they have a lot of energy to burn and you have to be up for it. But we love him and I take him out and play Frisbee and throw tennis balls till he can't play anymore and that seems to work. You have to be one step a head of the JR personality. Does your like to watch TV?

I hope Ktreva will see this. She has Jack Russells too! NOT ME!!! I could not deal with their energy, but a huge salute to those of you that can!!!!

I have this strong attraction to Jack Russells. I don't know that I would ever dare to get one though because I have a feeling that they would be too much dog for me. Yet the gravitation toward this breed persists.

My Boss has 2 Jacks and she's always complaining about how full of it they are, but she wouldn't have any other dog. She has horse property (cause she has 5 horses) so there's a lot of room for her Jacks to run and from what I hear, they need it

Yes they do need a lot of play time. I happen to be a very active person with insomnia so my goal every day is to see who can wear who out first. To my advantage I so far have worn him out to the point that he takes the Frisbee and runs away with it to the front door. Gotta love him!!!