Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Taz 1995-2009

We are so sorry to hear about Deat Taz.
    That has to be the worst feeling in the world when a beloved Cat Companion ages before our eyes, and has to be assisted to be an Angel.
    The Animal Angel Army has a special night planned for Taz on the French Riviera, and hes got the first place at the fanciest restaurant.
    But he wont really be happy untiol hes with his family again , and he will find just the right spot where you all be together furrever.
    One Fine Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I'm so sorry. RIP Taz. Play hard at the bridge.
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

Thank you so much everyone. While the bleeding of my heart is no longer gushing, it is still painful.

I got Taz in September of 1995. My sister brought him home from work and I said "he's mine!". I called him Spazzy Tazzy because he was so full of energy and would tear around the house, up and down the stairs.
    Taz has been through so much with me in almost 14 years. We've moved about 7 times together. Each time he would hide out for a couple weeks then be just fine. He was my rock when I was upset. I could be angry or sad and petting him would calm me down. He knew when I was upset and would come to me and sit with me.
    He has put up with other animals, dogs and cats, in the places we've lived. The only animal he really bonded with was my mom's Min Pin, Kodi. I think it's because they were both so young together.
    Taz is no stranger to the vets office. In the late 90's the vet told me he needed to lose weight. He weighed in at 21 1/2lbs. About 4 years ago he had to have one of his "fangs" removed. And a couple years ago he had a mysterious illness and lost weight. Only it was a little too much weight. He was down to about 12 lbs and that was too skinny for his body. Then in Nov of last year we went through his surgery to remove psuedo-cysts from around both of his kidneys. I believe (as Catty1 said) that may have been the start of his decline. Even though each time he was tested his numbers were "okay". I also believe the two latest additions to the household added more stress on him and that didn't help either.
    Last night he weighed in at 6.8 lbs. There wasn't much of him left. So it was time to let him go. Unfortunately, I never saw it in his eyes like many of you said I would. Maybe it was just denial on my part, or he wouldn't let me see it. But the way he acted at the vets told me he was ready. Usually at the vets he will hide his head in the crook of my arm or in my jacket. Last night he laid out and had his head resting on the doctors hand. I said "oh, look how cute he looks". And the doctor said "yes, he is cute. But it's not Taz." I knew she was right. She was ready to send me home with some more fluids to get him through the weekend. But I couldn't do that. I didn't want to walk around the house and see him knowing he would be leaving me. I'd burst into tears every time I looked at him. That would add more stress to him. So I made the difficult decision to let him go right then. Bruce was unable to be with me, but that was okay. I was with him and that's all that matters.

Gosh, I am so sorry I am going on and on like this.

RIP my baby boy, Tazmosis, MoeMoe, Mosephine and several other names that would pop into my head with the moment.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I am so sorry.

Oh bless your heart! I have tears in my eyes reading your post about dear Taz.

I just have to believe that he really isn't gone - but right next to you in spirit and comforting you even as you shed tears.

I hope that all of the beautiful memories you have of him will overshadow
    all of your pain and suffering.

It took courage to let him go to the Rainbow Bridge but be comforted that he is free and running around greeting everyone.

oh Cindy, my heart aches for you. I havent posted much lately but had read the thread on Taz's sickness and was so hoping that you had more time with him. He always knew love from you but yesterday, even though it hurts so much, you gave him the greatest love of all and he will be forever greatful to you for letting him go. He is still with you always in all your memories and in your heart.

Rest in Peace sweet Taz...give mommy some special sign from you so she knows you are still with her.

Duke, Champ, Chopper and Ryleigh send you warm puppy kisses.
    ~Traci, Duke, Champ, Chopper and Ryleigh

On occasion I have been know to speak Chopperese.

So sad.....so very sad.
    If I had any say in the matter, all of our pets would stay with us forever.

RIP sweet Taz.
    {{{hugs}}}
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

8. I am so sorry for your loss Cindy. Godspeed Taz...

Dear Cindy, I am so very, very sorry.

Rest in peace, beautiful beloved Taz.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Cindy, I'm so sorry!! Sounds like your Taz was terribly ill in the end. The part where your vet sad "Yes, he is cute. But it's not Taz." gave me major LES.

You gave him so much love and care, and he knew that when he went to the Bridge. I'm sure he's smiling down at you now.

R.I.P. Taz!

Kirsten

Oh, Cindy, I am so sorry!!! I wish I could say something to help you but I know right now, nothing will.

Taz my sweet friend, you left a big pawprint on all our hearts. We will miss you lots. Grandma says she will never have another Valentine she loves as much as you.

Leonardo, Luke, and Leroy will show you around the Bridge if you'd like. Kisses to you all!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am so sorry to hear about Taz
    ((((HUGS))))
    Rest in Peace Sweet Taz
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    I'm SO sorry for your loss. RIP and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge, sweet Taz.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

I am so very sorry. Taz was much loved and will be sorely missed.

I'm very sorry for your loss. You can tell from your posts that Taz meant a lot to you. It is so hard to lose them. Rest in peace sweet boy.