Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's the weirdest thing your cat has eaten?

Lingerie straps were Shahdee's secret treat. I would get a bra or teddy out of the drawer, try to put it on, and then discover it had no straps! I think my Artful Dodger, who could open any door or drawer used to slide the drawer open for her so she could fish them out, then drop them back in when she'd got the straps. For a time I wondered if I was losing my mind, perhaps cutting off the straps in my sleep, because the lingerie was still in the drawer not out on the floor. The thin straps she must have chewed into pieces and swallowed because I never found any evidence and she never blocked. I only understood what was happening when I found a wet bra strap under the bed and then I assumed it was Loki who had a passion for string. The poor guy went through surgery to find all the other straps that had gone missing, I was so sure it had to be him, but they searched him from oesophagus to colon and found nothing. She also loved to eat the middle out of anything made of wool so you could never repair it. The middle of the body of a sweater, or the middle of a sleeve, the middle of a mohair throw. She lived to 17 and died of renal failure.

Teddy adored nuts, especially cashews, and would tear them out of my hand as I moved it to my mouth. He also loved raw oatmeal just dampened with water, and ginger biscuits. His sister, Seshat, also loved oatmeal but it had to be cooked. Dodger had a passion for sun dried tomatoes. Catullus stands on my chest to try and get flavored potato chips out of my fingers. Some of my cats really liked to eat corn-based litter so I had to stop using it.

Filou (an I don't count mango, coconut and avocados) once swallowed a cooked jalapeno when he was a baby. He got a very bad hickup- all the little boy was hiccuping, not just his throat. I was VERY worried as it happened Saturday night of course but he was ok in the morning.
    Tigris is good compared to that. The strangest thing he ate was a cold cooked potato. Without sauce
    I think a bit of oil for a healthy cat is ok if it is not her standard diet. I would be much more worried with Milly's pieces of string.
    Table manners: I am not sure such a thing exists for meezers.... or Abys. Why do you think Juni is called Juni-get-down. Certainly not because her mom never tried to teach her manners

They all love the nachos and tacos from Poco Loco, but that no surprise as Jorge , Janice and Donna day in and day out have one of the best restauants in Hamilton.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Spunky did have a moth in his mouth, and he opened it and the moth flew out!!! Needless to say, I was not prepared for that!!! Our cats like to eat aspargus(sp), broccoli, cauliflower, canteloupe, honey dew, craisens, raisins, blueberries, WATERMELON, and most Italian food!!!!

Ed likes Ben Gay and he has a plastic fetish, He likes to lick the emulsion off of photos. If I put one down he goes nuts trying to get to them.

I really have to be careful when I am looking thru pictures!

Ed loves any kind of packaged drink mix. Kool Aid and other brands-I buy a melon drink that is powdered and small packets of Tang. He'll bite through the plastic and leave it alone-I keep them on the table in a bowl- the moisture gets in and makes the mix hard. That is how I know he was in there!

My Carly will eat anything and I mean anything. Broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, cole slaw, carrots, corn, mashed potatoes,.........you get the picture. Any human food she will eat.

Mackie absolutely loves yogurt and ice cream. He did eat ribbon one time, but fortunately threw it up!

My rainbow bridge TJ loved, and I mean loved yeast rolls. He was my only one that was indoor/outdoor. I would find him in the trunk of the car looking thru the grocery bags for yeast rolls. I would have to hide them in the oven.

All 11 of them love deli turkey and ham. I really have a difficult time making my husband's sandwhich for lunch daily. The gang is upon me. I try to make 2 to 3 days worth at a time just for that reason.

Of course everyone does the bugs and it is funny watching 11 of them chasing a fly to see who can win the prize.
    Heaven is the place of final and complete happinees God has prepared for us----and if animals are necessary to make us happy in heaven, then you can be sure God will have them there. Reverend Billy Graham

cat food, people food, bugs, random fuzzballs on the carpet....just about anything that will fit in their mouths, especially Toby's

Zerlina will eat any bug that she catches, but the weirdest thing she's eaten were the flowers (sunflowers of various shades) my sister sent me for my birthday last year. (Actual, unretouched photo attached.) She started with the pink ones.

Don Juan will lick the cheesy powder off cheese puffs.

My late grandmother's cat C.B. (for Clara Bow) was a fan of canteloupe! Grandmother would give her the rind, and she would lick the flesh side until it was completely dry.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    [b]"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

It makes me feel better to know that a lot of other cats sometimes eat things that they shouldn't.
    Izzy is feeling much better today, she is a lot more playful and happy again.

Barbara, when Milly first got here is when she ate the strings/elastics off her toys and some bits of plastic from the milk rings. I was very careful to check the litter box to make sure that all the bits and pieces made it through her.

I know that Juni-get-down is a naughty cat, I remember one time I was visiting Sasvermont and we were going to sit down to eat and there was Juni on the table with her head in the butter tub!

Another weird thing that my cats have eaten is the packing peanuts that are made of something that dissolves in water, they seem to smell/taste good so we have to be careful to keep them away from the cats.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy