Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the weirdest thing your cat has eaten?

What's the weirdest thing your cat has eaten?

I'm asking this because my cats Milly and Izzy have some bad manners and they tend to eat things that they shouldn't sometimes. My Samantha was well trained as a kitten to never counter surf and she never ate anything weirder than a rubber band the night before she was spayed as a kitten.

Last night Izzy helped herself to some corn oil that was in a pan that my husband was getting ready to use for dinner. She didn't have a big appetite for her dinner last night and she has been drinking a lot of water. She also was a bit "messy" in the litter box last night. From what I have found online it looks like Izzy will have a nice shiny coat and not have to worry about hairballs for a while.

Milly is even worse than Izzy, she eats too many things that she shouldn't. She helped herself to some margarine from the container that my husband left on the counter the other night and she has eaten strings and elastics from toys, bits of plastic milk rings and a twist tie. I think the weirdest thing that she has eaten was a bag of skittles that my son had left out. She bit right through the wrapper to chew up a few pieces.

I really wish that Milly & Izzy's former owners had taught them some better table manners when they were young. They really keep me on my toes worrying about what they may get into next.

Please tell me what is the weirdest thing that your cats have eaten so I don't think that my cats are too weird.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

Pinot eats all bugs; especially wasps. Pinot eats bits of paper on the floor. Pinot eats any leftover cheese crumbs on the counter. Pinot licks the ice cubes poured into the sink after I've had a Vodka drink (only after a cocktail, mind you). Pinot licks any liquid droplets on the floor. Pinot licks ice cream bowls. Pinot eats butter if left out. Pinot would like to eat a tree frog (we have lots of them outside this year, more than other years), but we have so far prevented it.

Are you getting the idea? You see, none of us really FEED our kitties, according to them. They have to EAT, you know!
    Last edited by Pinot's Mom; 07-02-2009 at 08:14 AM. Reason: forgot butter!

Sterling eats watermelon, and I think that is STRANGE!

I forgot that both my girls also love to eat bugs, they have both eaten flies, spiders and other little bugs which is much appreciated.
    I also forgot to add that Izzy once sat in a pot that was used to make kettle corn, her floofy tail and feet got all buttery which earned her the nickname "Hot buttered Izzy" from my daughter because she smelled like hot buttered popcorn for days.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    My RB Meezer Ming was notorious for eating what he wasn't supposed to. Other than the nibbles on the house plants, stealing a piece of meat off the counter, and rubber bands - usual stuff like that - he had a couple that really stick in my mind. Once at a holiday gathering at the house, he drank almost a whole cup of highly spiced eggnog that was left unattended. He was looped, and we were in hysterics watching him afterwards. Eventually, he just conked out and slept it off with no ill effects. But the weirdest was BenGay - he was addicted to it! If I or my ex used it before going to bed at night, we had to close the bedroom door to keep him out, because he would try to lick us all night long. One time he took a direct dose by licking it out of the inside of the cap to the bottle. And he also got caught slurping tinsel off the Christmas tree like it was spaghetti, so we had to quit using tinsel because he just wouldn't leave it alone. He was my funny boy, and all this had no bad outcome, and he went on to live to the ripe old age of 20!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Coco Puff loves romaine lettuce. As soon as he hears me tearing it for a salad, he jumps up on the countertop. I tossed the bottom pieces in the sink and he jumped in and started eating. Actually, I don't think he eats it. He just likes to crunch it.

My RB Puddy loved pizzelles, salt and vinegar potato chips. fudgsicles and Twizzlers. (all junk food)

The rest of the Fur Posse eats fairly normal except for my RB Peeka. She LOVED bugs, especially spiders. Ew!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    But the weirdest was BenGay - he was addicted to it! If I or my ex used it before going to bed at night, we had to close the bedroom door to keep him out, because he would try to lick us all night long. One time he took a direct dose by licking it out of the inside of the cap to the bottle.
    OMG BenGay!! Our RB kitty CK went NUTS over it! My husband used it on occasion for his back. Once, he had it on, CK came in the room and went crazy, biting the sheets and licking them. It got so bad he peed on the bed, he was so excited! We couldn't get him near it.

On that type of substance-Pinot goes crazy over moisturizer and deodorant. She'll literally try to bite my husband's underarms over Ban Roll On, and she licks me all over after moisturizer...

Snowbelle also eats bugs too, mostly flies. She would chase them around the house until she finally catches them. When we first got her, Snowbelle would like to hop on the counter when my mom would be making potatoes and steal a little bit of it.
    -ErinExotic:]]
    Snowbelle's Catster:

Handsome John Hnacocks a regular Furry Hoover Vacuum Cleaner and gooes around the dishes cleaning every thing up!!
    My Princess goes crazy for fettucini alfredo.
    Scrappy 2 loves Mc Donallds and Michael the Dream Cat LOVES KFC!!!

Moose loves polish sausage, I bet he knows every Deli in the world!

And Miquelito the Little Orange Lion and Precious LOVE Potato Salad with Egg!

And they all will nibble on Cookies!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

My friends cat Gordon is addicted to green olives!

I'm sure Taz has eaten some strange things in his 14 years, but I can't remember anything except bugs. Any kind of bug. When we lived with my parents he got to feast on crickets. Which was just fine with me (I hate crickets!!).

Paizly loves to chew on gift wrapping ribbon. I can't leave anything like that out or she just sits and chews it until it's gone. Other than that, Paizly hasn't eaten anything too strange in her first year. But stay tuned, I'm sure she's going to surprise us someday! LOL
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Morgan loves Blistex. If you put some on your lips, it is terribly hard to keep him away from your face and trying to lick your lips.

Oh yes, Moon loves wrapping ribbon!!!!!!!!

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Kuhio ~ Canned mushrooms, jalapeno, nachos, cheetos, yarn
    Willow ~ Paper, plants

None of the others eat things that seem unusual to me. All my cats have always eaten bugs.

When I was a kid, we had a dog that ate green beans and chewed bubblegum.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

MacGyver eats nothing strange, ever. Ming, on the other hand, loves anything plastic! Bubble wrap or bread wrappers are his particular favorites, but anything plastic will do. My boyfriend's two cats love strawberry icecream from Hagen Daz!