Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No more Cone-Head!!

Hybrid View

No more Cone-Head!!

I can't call Nebo "cone-head" or "satellite" or "lampshade" anymore lol. He had his stitches removed, and now he doesn't have to wear that dumb thing anymore! His leg looks really good too! I think he's pretty happy about that! But now I can call him "orange-stripe." lol. He has this very odd orange marking on his head, and I hadn't noticed it before....it wasn't there before the surgery.....you can see it really bright in the sunlight. There is nowhere else on him that is the same color! Here's a pic, but you can't tell all that well, it's really much brighter...I'll have to take another one:

Don't I look much more handsome now?

This is a *smile*...really it is!

You don't notice anything missing..do you?

After his trip to the vet he had a very nice "date" with Lady to Petsmart and the park. I ran into his puppy class trainer there, and she said that she was amazed at how well behaved he was! Melissa bought Lady a purple and blue striped shirt (I was going to get a blue striped one for Nebo but they didn't have his size! ). Poor dog. Hahaha, it was very amusing to see all the looks we got at the park (it's right downtown, lots of cars). Nebo had fun running though a tunnel...he thought that was great! Lady wouldn't have anything to do with it, she freaked out. We were swarmed by kids wanting to pet the "doggies." Nebo was really good, I got him to just lay down while they all petted him (if he was standing he'd probably knock them over lol). They even got him to shake hands a couple of times for treats. I didn't take the digital camera to the park though, or I would have taken some really cute pics.

He is absolutely georgeous!!! I am amazed at how big he is getting and It sounds like the two of you have bonded in a very special way! I bet you don't even remember the frustration you felt the first few weeks you had him home, do you?

Thanks for letting us share his life with you through all the wonderful pictures you take! Please tell Nebo that I didn't see anything missing in that one picture of him laying on his back!! Give him a hug from me!

Nebo is gorgeous! I can't believe how fast he is growing up!

WhoooHooo for Nebo!

I bet he's so excited to have that off (bet you are too )
    Sounds as if taking him to class has really paid off, I'm happy for you! And the pics, as always are wonderful! I love the one where you can see shineness up his nose! Geez...I can't believe of all people you didn't bring your camera to the park J/K!
    I do wonder what that mark on his head is from, really weird, but he's none the less anymore beautiful!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Nebo is such a handsome boy!! I'm sure he's glad to have that thing off now!
    "Careful what you say, careful what you wish or it may just regret it!"

Nebo looks so handsome as ever!!! His stare is like Demon's stare in "Snow Dogs", don't u think? so......Nebo's a-soon-to-be-movie star too! but Nebo's sure a Pet Talk star!

Last edited by ellensy; 09-29-2002 at 10:57 AM.
    ~eLLeN~

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~~Anatole France~~

Amy, Nebo is just beautiful, he photographs so well too. What a great pair you two make a mutual admiration society of two. LOL
    Jackie

I am always so glad to see pics of Nebo, such a handsome boy! Thanks Amy

Yea Nebo! that must be such a relief to have that thing GONE!!!!

Amy, your Nebo is absoluteley georgous!!! What a beautiful dog! He sure is goinf to grow into a very handsome yourn man!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Congratulations to Nebo, the coneless wonder!! You've never looked more handsome! How I love reading Nebo stories!! He is such an adorable boy And like Candace has said, you two have forged such a special, loving bond! Yay, Nebo!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

i'm happy nebo had his sticthes removed. he is really photogenic! i love him. and his tag is so cute.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Hehe thanks everyone! Nebo is very happy to be rid of that thing. Unfortunately now he can fit behind the couch again. He goes tearing back there and leaps over the magazine rack.....those poor magazines are in really sad shape.

Yeah, Nebo is my baby. We still have our moments of frustration, but it's not as bad as before. He is a very smart dog, and learns fast. Just sometimes he doesn't always like to do what he has learned lol.....especially at class. I had the teacher ask me a couple of weeks ago if I had taught him "down" yet! And for a while there I really thought he hated me! I think he's attached to me now, lol (and of course I'm attached to him!) He's still a bitey little brat, but he doesn't snap and growl at people like he used to. He loves dogs now too, but he still really likes to play too rough.

Lol, and Nebo probably photographs well because he is so darn used to having that camera in his face. I make him sit/lay and stay, then use squeaky toys and treats to get his attention. Usually he'd prefer to jump in my face to get the toy instead of staying..lol...

Glad to hear that the lampshade is off and that the stiches are out! I bet Nebo and you are both relieved.

Those pictures are great! Nebo is so adorable! He sounds like such a happy and fun guy!

Netherlands (where I'm from) & Germany (where I live)
    Nebo really is a cutie!