Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: My Baby Boy Starr Has Passed On

Tracey, I'm so very, very sorry for your loss. "The decision" is not easy to make but I do know in my heart that you made the right one and sweet Starr now shines brightly in the sky. He was extremely lucky to have a Meowmie like you. He knew love and you knew his calming purr. What more could we ask for???

{{{hugs}}}
    slick
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

oh Tracey - I'm so sorry to hear this...
    Please accept my heartfelt condolences and big hugs.
    Godspeed Starr.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Tracey - I am so sorry the kitten pics of Starr upset you so. I wanted to make a little tribute for him, to remember when...even though Pearl was also in all the pics!

{{{{hugs}}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Unhappy

I'm just seeing this now. You made the right decision for poor Starr, but that doesn't make it easy, does it. He couldn't have wished for a better human than you, and you will all be reunited some day.

Liz, Don Juan and Zerlina
    [b]"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

I'm so sorry to hear that your sweet boy Starr has gone to the Rainbow Bridge.
    I know he was sick for a long time and that you did all you possibly could for him.
    Sending hugs your way.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

I am so deeply sorry to hear this, Tracey. I had no idea. The most humane decision is often the hardest decision. Gentle hugs to you at this most difficult time. He is free of all illness now. RIP, beautiful one.

Johanna

Tracey, I could hardly believe the title of this thread. Of all your kitties, Starr has always been the one who grabbed my attention because of his likeness to Butter (but with a better attitude ). I know how hard you have fought to keep him healthy.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you during this terribly difficult time.
    Logan

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Tracey - I am so sorry the kitten pics of Starr upset you so. I wanted to make a little tribute for him, to remember when...even though Pearl was also in all the pics!

{{{{hugs}}}}
    I know that you meant well but it was just very hard for me emotionally to look at his kitten pictures yesterday. I'm feeling a bit better today. There seems to be a lot less stress in my home now. My cats and I all feel less stressed out. In the long run we'll all be much happier now especially since I know that Starr is pain free and now at peace.

Thanks again everyone for all of your support and nice comments towards my baby boy.

That was very brave and loving of you, to release Starr sooner rather than later, you gave him one last great gift. The pain is very great, I know, and you carry it with you wherever you are and whatever you do for some time. Try to keep bringing to mind his fun times, the cuddle times, the crazy kitten times.

I had no idea he was that sick, and it's difficult to imagine such a young cat (who doesn't have something obviously dire like cancer) being so very, very ill. I think my Darcy is ill in a similar way with inflammation in his colon, interstitial cystitis, and some stomatitis. It's near impossible to believe that a young adult, looking wonderful and acting playfully though perhaps not vigorously, can have an illness that is basically putting the body into constant fight mode. I have had a tendency to blow out of proportion the positive signs - such as decent appetite, loving attention, chasing Maeve under the chair, convincing myself that proves he's really okay, and not letting myself really think about the bad signs. This is like a wake-up call to me to face what I don't want to believe, what I really want to down-play into near insignificance.

Starr was very lucky in his guardian.

Tracey I am so sorry. It is so hard after Willy to see another little boy going to Rainbow Bridge whom we all know from the very beginning.
    I always saw your meezer group as a little tribe on their own and hope you all will be ok.

11. Tracey - my heart aches for your loss. I am so sorry about Starr. He really was a STAR.

Godspeed

I am so sorry to read about Starr!!! I remember him being introduced to us as a young kitty with those BLUE EYES!!! No matter how long they are with us, it is never long enough...Sleep softly, dear sweet Starr....

I'm so sorry Tracey, but I agree with Johanna where she said:

The most humane decision is often the hardest decision. Gentle hugs to you at this most difficult time.
    It's so difficult when they are so young - I went through the similar decision with Nakita.

Many hugs.

RIP Starr
    Don't be afraid that your life will end. Be afraid that it will never begin.

I'm so sorry to hear about Starr. My heart sunk when I saw the thread title. Starr has always been one of my favorite PT kitties, and I will always have a special place for him in my heart.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Tracey thank you for PMing me and letting me know. As I expressed to you I was so shocked and saddened to read this. Please give all your other babies a hug and kiss for me.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers