Thread: Cat is "talking" to deceased / Spirits ?

Cat is "talking" to deceased / Spirits ?

My husband and I brought his grandfathers' house which we have been remodeling for about a year. Recently, one of our cats started to "talk" to whom I believe is his grandfather. He has been gone for over 20 years, but my husband has witnessed his presence as well on 2 occasions and of course is completely freaked out. The cat "talks" in the morning and then again around 4:00 pm - every day, as long as my husband is not in the room. And he rarely does it when I am home.

I have psychic parties once in a while and called my contact to see if she would do a reading for the cat. I guess there are pyschics out there that do this.

Anyone else have a similar story to share?? I'm intrigued!

Wow, no one else has cats that talk? I was hoping someone would share a story.

Havoc is quite the chatterbox. I always thought it was just the Siamese in him, but come to think of it, there was a guy murdered in our house a few years before we moved in.... maybe he's still hanging around having conversations with my cat. They need to start emailing or something quieter, 'cuz Havoc's constant blabbering is quite annoying sometimes.

I never rule that kind of stuff out. As some of you know, after my Dad passed away, I started smelling cigar smoken(my Dad smoked cigars), in the middle of the night, when I was on my way back home for good to CT. It's erie, but I believe in that stuff. I remember my Dad telling me that after he was gone, he'd be leaving pennI'd find pennies. Sure enough, I find pennied all over the place, my car, my bedroom, in the middle of the livingroom. God works in mysterious ways, my friends.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

If the ghost of a previous cat counts, then yes. My mother's cat, Bill, passed away over two years before we adopted Gato, but he still avoids certain areas of the house- areas in which Bill spent her last few weeks.
    I don't know. Maybe he just avoids it because it smells like her, but I think that there's something more to it...
    I my Bianca~

find me on deviantART at Loki-GodOfTricks

Quote Originally Posted by aTailOf2Kitties View Post
    They need to start emailing or something quieter, 'cuz Havoc's constant blabbering is quite annoying sometimes.
    Thanks for the giggle! That's all you need, though, is for the cat to take over your computer!

My youngest Quaker parrot, nOOdles, was brought home as a companion for Sprout, whose cagemate, Zoot passed away about 6 months prior to our adopting nOOdles. Zoot lived with other folks before he came to us and used to say "Buster, Buster, Buster. . .etc" (which was obviously his name before he lived with us). The day I pressure washed Zoot's old cage (about a year after he passed away) and finally put it in the shed for storage after buying a new cage for Sprout and nOOdles, I came in the house and told my husband, "Well, there go the last remnants of Zoot!" Within minutes I heard a little voice in my bird room saying, "Buster, Buster, Buster" and saw that it was nOOdles.

We don't know if Sprout secretly taught him to say this or if Zoot is the flock's guardian angel-parrot and has been watching over my little nOOdles, making him safe and comfortable in his new home. Regardless, it was shocking but comforting and sweet at the same time. Now that nOOdles says "Buster, Buster. . .", we will always have Zoot in our home.

I miss him!
    Last edited by Catherinedana; 07-07-2009 at 01:36 PM.

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    None of my fur kids ever talked to any deceased that I know of, but many years ago when my little terrier Cinnamon went to RB, one of my Lhasas (also now at RB), would stand and stare for long periods of time, at the spot that Cinnamon used to lay the most. She was seeing something that I couldn't, and I believe that most animals are much more sensitive than most humans when it comes to issues such as this.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Scared...

Great. I'm home alone a lot (night owl roommate -- long story), and now whenever Blackjack barks at a dark corner, I'll just think it's a GHOST instead of a car alarm going off somewhere.

You guys are freaking me out! My building is like 80 years old and probably has all sorts of spirits lurking in it. Blackjack is supposed to PROTECT me, not scare the ZINGOS out of me!

I believe!!

I know its common is Siamese to "Talk" but Paris my Lilac Point is just a talker there is no way she is expressing her feelings just to do it?? She always has a ton to say usually around 6ish every night?? I think whole heartedly that she is speaking to my siamese Pricilla. We believe completely that Paris was sent to us from Pricilla...The crazy thing about the whole deal is there was 3 people on a waiting list for Paris and 1 was not fit to give her a home and the other pulled out before adoption and for my 30th birthday I had a lilac point siamese baby waiting for me when I got home!!!

And Moosmom I have read that about the pennies...I believe it ever since my grandfathers passing I find pennies everywhere...This too was a thing all of us grandkids use to take from our grandparents were pennies so we could hit up the local convience store looking for candy...Its almost like Grandpa was making sure we were happy....

*I've been Boo'd*

Ok, this might explain a lot. My RB kitty (ChenMao - an only-child) was Tonkinese and she hardly ever spoke unless she really had something to say to me. My little lynx-point Siamese will rarely speak except in little chirps but my little orange tab talks like crazy. Mostly in one room (the dining room....not necessarily ChenMao's favorite place) and I haven't been able to figure out why. He's just plain chatty. I wonder now if he's talking to her. I always thought that he was in some way channeling her because of some other behaviors I've seen. I have seen both cats run to the same spot like they see or hear something that is beyond my human senses and even run and jump like there is something there that they are playing with. I chalked it up to missing brain cells.

Awesome! What a happy thought! I'd honestly love to think that ChenMao is still with me playing with my new furbabies.

Dj, Brie and Scutter

Yes my Raco (cat) talks all the time.. I will have to see who & of what his talks are about..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Staring

Hi!

I am a little freaked by my cat. He doesn't actually talk to spirits, but he gets all skittish and his tail flips backwards and forwards and stares at nothing in particular that I can see. If I try to stop him, because I get upset, he just continues to stare at the thing he is seeing.

I don't actually see spirits, but I sense them, but that doesn't bother me - it does when the cat gets this way, though, cos at the same time I get a tingling in the side of my face nearest to where he is.

Sometimes he will come and sit on the bed with me and stare at me with big black eyes as if he is looking through me.

He has only done this since my husband passed away 4 months ago and I was wondering if anyone thinks that it is my husband he is seeing. He doesn't get upset like my daughter's kitten does when he sees a spirit. (She can see them, so she knows what he can see).

Any advise
    thanks it would be appreciated.

Barbara

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by barbara2704 View Post

He has only done this since my husband passed away 4 months ago and I was wondering if anyone thinks that it is my husband he is seeing. He doesn't get upset like my daughter's kitten does when he sees a spirit. (She can see them, so she knows what he can see).
    I guess no one could say for sure, but it sounds like maybe he is seeing your deceased husband. Only kitty know tho.

BTW - how old is kitty?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

EveryWhere But Now Austell, Georgia is home.

Huh,

I thought that was just the Cat being... well, catty. Is there anything to this seriously? I know that cats have a reputation or a mythos of being supernatural, I always assumed this was silly but with this many people who feel this way I may have to rethink my oppinion. Do they (the cats) re-act to "haunted" places or are these pet / owner specific? I am very interested in this, would love to know breeds that are more re-active and places or people they interact with. Yes, I am serious.

Let me tell you Boo's story (short version). Boo was my Mom's cat. Mama died in 1999. My sister kept her up until a little over 2 years ago when they decided to move across country and we thought she was to old for that long trip so I got her to come live with me. That did not go well at all, she terrorized my other kitties, stalked them and attacked them and had the whole house upset. She even bit me several times really bad and I was at my wits end trying to figure out what to do. I tried everything I could think of to try and everything they suggested here and nothing worked. As a last ditch effort, I decided to try a pet psychic others here have used and I can tell you, that made a world of difference and turned everything around.. Read about the reading here....

The readings were nothing short of AMAZING!

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=134006

and the follow up reading here...http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=134159

Had her read my CH kitty Amy and we discussed Boo some more in that reading..
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...+reading+Nancy

The turn around she did started with Nancy's first call and it has been nothing but an amazing turn around. Boo is now a happy girl that lets me love on her all day, allows me to brush her now that she understands I am grooming her because she can no longer do it herself... she is about 14 years old now. She is not "friends" with my other 3 but she lets them sleep with us now and there is no more hissing, stalking or fighting. They can all lay with me on the sofa at one time and everybody is happy!

Now, aside from my cats.. I have a friend that had a beautiful long haired blackie that use to see something in their house in the downstairs hall. Gator would sit in another room and stare down the hall with his hair on his back standing up and his tail all fluffed up. If he wanted to go upstairs, Gator would walk through several room to avoid that spot he started at all the time. They never did figure out what he saw that scared him and he recently died.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!